J.B Slow, I mean Holmes

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
I absolutely, positively, detest watching this man play golf!!!

I'm watching the final round of the Northern Trust now (come on Luke!!!!) and i'm seriously contemplating switching off, because Mr Slow is in the final group we're seeing a lot of his play and I cant stand watching him.

Is there really any need for 10 practice swings, then a check on the swing path, then a look at the target from behind the ball inching forwards and stopping 5 times before addressing the ball??

Seriously, the guy is a cock and needs to swiften his game up becuase he's sooooooo boring to watch :mad:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Do they not put them on the clock over there? If that had been in Europe big John Paramour would have been looking at his watch more than Fergie. He is not good viewing. Good to see Donald playing well though (even in pink)

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Do they not put them on the clock over there? If that had been in Europe big John Paramour would have been looking at his watch more than Fergie. He is not good viewing. Good to see Donald playing well though (even in pink)

It is ridiculous though, the biggest gripe most people have if you ask them, is slow play....and the PGA allow this tosser to get away with tediously painful slow play every time he ventures out.

Why is he allowed to get away with it?

B

birdieman

Not sure about JB, he is too slow but don't mind watching him drive, all power no finesse but quite effective nonetheless. Rather watch him than Ben Crane who won last week.

Stricker wil be world number 2 if he wins which looks very likely now he has a 4 shot lead. Doesn't seem right somehow but he's very steady and a great putter I suppose.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Especially as Big Phil's not having to good a tournament. Quite like Stricker but Holmes is a bad advert for golf. He may hit it a mile but it takes him all day to hit it!

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can tell by the look on Ben Curtis's face when he's stood in the middle of the fairway, he just just knows he's going to be stuck on that hole with Holmes for a long long time.

joefox

Visit site
Hi I played in a four ball the other day when one of the opposition insisted on looking for lost balls at every opportunity he was also deadly slow and had a slight whiff of mothballs about his person. He won of course but revenge on the 19th was sweet!!

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is there really any need for 10 practice swings, then a check on the swing path, then a look at the target from behind the ball inching forwards and stopping 5 times before addressing the ball??

We have guys like this at our club, with handicaps. As if the 16th practice swing is going to make difference.

It's guys like Holmes who people see doing this on TV then they think because they do it on tv it's ok for them to do it

B

birdieman

It was worth the wait for his second shot on 17th. 261 uphill with a hybrid! Stiffed it. Incredible shot.

I'll second that, only a handful of players in the world could put it there in 2 shots. :p

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I am sure if he played on the european tour he would have been fined by now, he is ridiculous.
I cannot watch when he is in contention just in case old age sneaks upon me while I am waiting for him to hit the damn ball.

TRS30

Head Pro
Visit site
Not to take this off topic but...

Did anyone notice that on the 14th tee, Donald had hit his tee shot (Par 3) and as he handed his caddie the club to clean, JB Slow's caddy obviously asked him what club it was as he turn it round slightly so he could see the sole below cleaning it and puting it back in the bag.

Is this not illegal? Luke was first to tee off.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Taken from the R&A Rules:

8-1.Advice
During a stipulated round, a player must not:
a. give advice to anyone in the competition playing on the course other than his partner, or
b. ask for advice from anyone other than his partner or either of their caddies.

PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE:
Match play – Loss of hole; Stroke play – Two strokes.

I didnt notice it as I was in the kitchen, but if you're correct then thats very out of order. That said, its just as much Luke's caddies fault for giving him the information!!

Edit: just read that properly, and it seems you can ask for advice!! Hmmmmmmmmmm, is this another grey area?