It should be illegal.............

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ginger hair.

This is in very poor taste. It's ok to poke fun at people with ginger hair is it? But poke fun at muslims, blacks, gays, etc etc omg and people go mad. But ginger haired people oh nuts to them, they don't have feelings. We can slag them off and make fun at them.

Poor taste Tashy.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit unfair for those MPs that represent constituencies 100s of miles away, but have to be in parliament regularly. Maybe instead of being illegal it should just be better managed

Just give them a railcard that grants them free travel. like kids and school buses. It's not rocket science.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Bit unfair for those MPs that represent constituencies 100s of miles away, but have to be in parliament regularly. Maybe instead of being illegal it should just be better managed

Just double their salary and make them pay for everything LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES.
Save the taxpayer a fortune.
Then see how many travel first class or stay in top hotels.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just double their salary and make them pay for everything LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES.
To be fair, if anyone goes away with work then they can claim expenses, that is standard practice. The problem with MP's expenses is that they did not have to produce receipts for items bought up to a certain value, there were precious few checks on what was bought and expenses were used to top up their salary, pay the mortgage on a 2nd home that MP's would then profit from. There are a number of ways that this could have been really resolved, not difficult either, but that is a different thread. In essence, getting expenses is perfectly reasonable, getting expenses how they did was obscene.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
For the 'estate management' company operating where I live to charge us whatever the hell they like, with additional costs whenever they fancy, despite the fact they do zero work that actually benefits us at all. It's literally just a scam.

Sorry, just realised everyone else was going more light-hearted with their ones. :LOL:
Has that not been made properly illegal yet...should be its criminal. We got stung moving out of our first flat.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I worked at the House of Commons for two years and knew all the fiddles and fixes that went on with their expenses. They would bully the staff into paying any claim with a comment of "I'm an MP how dare you question me". They made a token clean-up when the media got wind of what was going on but it's gone back to the bad old days. I saw one claim go through (a friend of mine ran the department) where the MP in question just photocopied the previous claim and changed the date and said "sign it or I get you fired". That MP is no longer an MP.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It should be illegal:-
For all cold-calling on doorsteps and by phone.
For any reality TV show to be shown outside of the hours 1am - 5am.
For Julian Assange to continue to evade the law.
For anyone to post on the Brexit thread more than once in any day.

And the most important one of all ….
For chrisd to avoid watching the NFL and baseball for at least three hours a week.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just give them a railcard that grants them free travel. like kids and school buses. It's not rocket science.
Actual LOL! Are you seriously suggesting an MP for Cornwall has to catch the train up and back to London every day they need to be in parliament using their free railcard?

When I go away with work I get paid expenses for travel, sustenance, entertainment and accommodation. MPs should be entitled to the same process, it's just the existing expense allowances are ridiculous, plus the approval/sign-off of them. That just needs to be fixed. Not sure it is as simple as, "here have a free rail card" lol

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't pay for things when I am away from my usual place of work. It is all put on expenses.

Wolf

Visit site
to sell or advertise anything to do with Christmas before December 1st.

for MPs to claim expenses

to have to work on your birthday

Any more?
When I'm away at a different location for work my company pay for everything, MP no different but the claim process should be more transparent and better managed.

I'm also lucky my employer give guarantee paid day off outside of holiday entitlement for birthdays

To have more than 4 kids

Why?.....