Island Greens

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
The PGA visits Sawgrass this week and I hear they have one ;)

Does your course have an island green or do you play one somewhere, do you love it or loathe it, is it fascinating or frustrating... ok you get where I'm going

Local course has one on at 15th hole, play's between 100 & 150'ish depending on tee's, pretty much always into a 1-2 club wind. Played it about a dozen times and I've lost far too many balls in the water with only one tap-in birdie and a couple of pars in the + column

In summary, it does my head in!

Is it an Island green.........They call it that but it's not......this is.

green.jpg

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
18th @ Lo Romero in Spain is par 4 with an island. Good drive only leaves a 9 iron or less.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've played Sawgrass... it's a hole that lurks in your mind before you get there... you even look across at it as you walk down 16, which is no mean hole in its own right.
This but it dosnt look like an island when your on the tee.
The wood blends into the background so well it’s hard to see the edges of the green.
I was amazed by the size of that tree on 16th fairway, what a golf course proper bucket list.

By the way I missed for birdie by two inches easy par.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
16th at Mission inn El Campion course is an island with a bunker all the way around it.
Its the signature hole really tough course in Florida.

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
18th @ Lo Romero in Spain is par 4 with an island. Good drive only leaves a 9 iron or less.
Was down there playing with single figure h/c son. The gods smiled and I made par and he made a splash - can't help reminiscing with him occasionally.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Never played to one that I can recall.

If faced with one over 140 I would probably lay up and pitch on.

Closest would be the early par 3 at Brampton where philly plays. Next time I intend to lay up and chip on there...

Lay up at 140 yards? Have you got cooked spaghetti for shafts?