Is this fair?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
They might have less competitors in the north, but they would of had even less if they said from the start that there would be three winners from the south and one from the north.
would not be an happy bunny if that was me.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I do not know the number of pairs at the 2 regionals.

As for the prize, well the R&A say the maximum value allowed is £500, so I would assume that the flights, accomodation and golf do not come to that.

I went to Portugal for 5 days earlier in the year and that cost me about £400.

D

Deleted member 15344

Bottom line is, all these things are merely commercial ventures, so they can do what they want unfortunately.

I'm more interested in the Amateur Status issue...

Amateurs are able to play for prizes but not able to play for hard cash over a certain value and prizes over a certain value

There are multiple events like this which are played year on year and have prizes worth a lot of money but have no issue in regards Amatuer status - no cash is won

Sorry and also have approval from R&A

Last edited by a moderator:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I do not know the number of pairs at the 2 regionals.
Difficult for me to coment if it is fair, not knowing how many had dropped out of the final. I know I would be really annoyed if I had come second, and the winners had pulled out especially if they had no intention of playing the final.

Best to make sure you win.:thup:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree with that too Richart, if I knew I would not be available I would have let the pair we were playing in the last matchplay round win.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Amateurs are able to play for prizes but not able to play for hard cash over a certain value and prizes over a certain value

There are multiple events like this which are played year on year and have prizes worth a lot of money but have no issue in regards Amatuer status - no cash is won

Sorry and also have approval from R&A

Have a look at the Rules of Amateur Status, Phil.
Nothing to do with cash, it's the value of prizes at normal retail value that my query is about.

Flights, accommodation, golf (food?), a place in a European Tour Pro - Am....

Less than £500??

D

Deleted member 15344

Have a look at the Rules of Amateur Status, Phil.
Nothing to do with cash, it's the value of prizes at normal retail value that my query is about.

Flights, accommodation, golf (food?), a place in a European Tour Pro - Am....

Less than £500??

The comp organiser needs approval from R&A and then it's with them

I don't see it really mattering in the grand scheme - it gives us mere club golfers something to aim if we so wish

C

c1973

I can see both arguments tbh, but it does seem unfair on those from the North that have entered in good faith. Particularly when the change is so late in the day.

Go out and win your final and it will not matter anyway. Best of luck to you.