Is the current Monarchy too costly for the UK

D

Deleted member 18121

No. Long may they be part of our fabric and funded by us.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Discussion about the system itself is not political

Tell me what I’m not understanding here.

The question in the OP is about taxation of the nation and if we as taxpayers should or shouldn’t change that in the funding of the monarchy.

If that’s not the root of all politics in the UK since 1600 and something I don’t know what is.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Where are you getting 1.29 from ? Does it make you feel better than saying 10s and 10s of millions?

Why do you keep saying £1.29 ... It's upwards of £250000000

And royal families are more than adept at being power hungry and acting class less???

Well Phil’s provided links to back up his claim, perhaps you could do the same?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Tell me what I’m not understanding here.

The question in the OP is about taxation of the nation and if we as taxpayers should or shouldn’t change that in the funding of the monarchy.

If that’s not the root of all politics in the UK since 1600 and something I don’t know what is.

Post 19 sets it out quite clearly

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
That’s a no then.
No what ? It costs upwards of 250 million a year. I dont need to post links to make it true.
All Liverpool Phil has done and the other chap is classic obfuscation to try and make it sound like it peanuts. Rather than the actual paying of crazy money to keep a whole undeserving family in the lap of luxury.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The question should be what's the point of a royal family in modern 21st century democracy. None I'd say.

29 million people from the UK who watched yesterday would disagree, plus the billions who watched worldwide.

All about timing with a comment like yours and to be frank, your timing stinks.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
29 million people from the UK who watched yesterday would disagree, plus the billions who watched worldwide.

All about timing with a comment like yours and to be frank, your timing stinks.

Timing is everything ? some real precious types on here , we get threatened and told to be respectful and stay out of that queen thread, so here we are and still getting whined at.

Last edited: