Is It Time To Upgrade

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been playing with Cleveland 588tt for a few years now and like them but one of the backs came off during a round and it's lost and now I've got a hell of an itch that just won't go away. It seems these clubs were made in about 2013 so the technology is well old. Do I scratch the itch? Cobras speedzone and Taylormades M2/3 and 6 are all calling to me but I'm not sure about getting clubs that go mile off the face as I'm happy with the distances I'm getting. I don't like Pings. Chunky things. So should I hang on to what seems to be working for me or scratch that itch?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, despite the fact my clubs have responded admirably to the threat of being moved on, I think the search is now ON. After a clean up of my clubs this afternoon, certain things weren't good, suffice to say Gorilla glue will be in use tomorrow. A call has been made to my son to bring my other clubs back ready for Monday.

This will not be a quick thing. I take ages to find clubs.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Guess what I did today? Snapped my 9 iron clean in half against a branch in a bush trying to play a shot I shouldn't have. I think "they" are trying to tell me something.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, that was the quickest Ive ever got some clubs. The price on the bay was off putting so thought I've have a gander on gumtree. Found some Clevelands UBX, I'd never head of them. Researched them, they sound good, the price was good deal was done, meet up done, goods swapped, sorted ! Just got to hold out for some reasonable weather to go and have a knock with them. They look good. Fingers crossed.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The 588tt is a nice looking iron/head, if you're after changing just upgrade the shafts in the set, I found the Cleveland shaft a litttl to light.