Is anybody using the HDIDo App for score verification by playing partners?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Since Covid, we've continued with 'not collecting cards' but for trophy events have asked for a photo of the card returned by email.
Moving forwards we are now looking to use the HDIDo App & PSI screen for score verification though it's beginning to appear that it is designed for 'in-play' use instead of cards ... or maybe as well as cards?.
I'm very interested to know-
  • how you introduced it to Members..... problems you experienced
  • Whether it's replaced the use of cards
  • anything that may help my understanding of how best to use it

LizAig

Visit site
We use Club V1 app (which links to HDID) to book into comps and sign in but we enter scores after they’ve played because we don’t have enhanced scoring turned on (our Club Comp Secretary’s decision). members keep a physical score card, enter their scores on app or PC after play and then leave signed cards in comp box.it’s very similar to what we did pre Covid. Those without smart phone or home pc rely on friends to book them in.

My understanding of the app is both players need to have smart phone and chose each other as marker….if one player doesn’t have smart phone then both would use physical cards and pc to enter scores after.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We use Club V1 app (which links to HDID) to book into comps and sign in but we enter scores after they’ve played because we don’t have enhanced scoring turned on (our Club Comp Secretary’s decision). members keep a physical score card, enter their scores on app or PC after play and then leave signed cards in comp box.it’s very similar to what we did pre Covid. Those without smart phone or home pc rely on friends to book them in.

My understanding of the app is both players need to have smart phone and chose each other as marker….if one player doesn’t have smart phone then both would use physical cards and pc to enter scores after.
Thanks Liz we're beginning to realize that it isn't likely to provide the solution that we thought it would.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We tried it out twice to see if it works for us. The second time after some "enhancements" were made after the initial release.

Summary is, it doesn't work for us and we won't be using it.

The main reasons are:
  • You need every player to enter 36 scores (correctly) per round.
  • The scores immediately update the WHS system even if there is a discrepancy. Thus the Committee has to resolve issues and hence cards are still needed.
  • The Club V1 system is not good at providing analysis of scores which don't tally.
All in all we stuck to the traditional method of score entry plus card. We did turn on the marker feature which asks the player to nominate the marker for the round which is of some help when checking cards.