Is an AM-AM allowed under current Scottish Golf rules

howlsatthemoon

Visit site
Hi folks

As the heading says, is an AM-AM, which is open to visitors, allowed under the current Scottish Golf rules for open competitions?

Thanks.

Siolag

Visit site
Definition;

The definition of an Open Competition concerning the current route map out of lockdown is “a qualifying round of golf played at a venue away from a player’s home club.” Any other format of play that takes place by visitors to golf clubs is permitted provided that all related COVID-19 regulations including travel restrictions, sanitation protocols and physical distancing protocols are met, along with industry-specific guidance being adhered to both on and off the course.

If the AM-AM falls into that category then I assume it’s not allowed under Scottish golf rules.

howlsatthemoon

Visit site
Thanks for your replies, Siolag I have seen your definition before but when looking at the Scottish Golf's COVID-19 update it says "Competition play (club competitions only, no open play permitted)" does this mean it can only be open to club members? A club I have enjoyed playing is advertising an AM-AM competition late August which it is saying is open to visitors. As an AM-AM it will not be a qualifying competition but will still be a competition that members and visitors are playing for prizes. So confusing to know what is correct.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We have a 36 hole open this weekend and there is some away players coming to play, ( in Scotland).

I assume this is allowed