Irons - Switch to graphite shafts

• Thread starter Deleted member 23344
  • Start date

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I have recently visited American Golf and seen a set of BenRoss HTX Comp Gold - lite flex graphite shaft 5-GW down from £420 to £250.

Has anyone got a set of these or any BenRoss clubs. I’m relatively new to golf and I’ve never heard of this brand.

Put " Benross HTX irons review " into YouTube. There are a couple of video reviews of these clubs.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
If there is you'll get the position of President. (y):ROFLMAO:

I thought he'd be a Past President by now.

I have set of Callaway Fusion I picked up secondhand as a back up set for visitors. A lot easier to get the ball up in the air but coming up 15yds short. Even with the softer shafts I find there's little feedback compared to hitting the steel stiff in my main set. I do lack the lack of vibration on the shots played off the bottom groove.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I thought he'd be a Past President by now.

I have set of Callaway Fusion I picked up secondhand as a back up set for visitors. A lot easier to get the ball up in the air but coming up 15yds short. Even with the softer shafts I find there's little feedback compared to hitting the steel stiff in my main set. I do lack the lack of vibration on the shots played off the bottom groove.

15 yards short is a heck of a lot of distance to lose!

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use graphite shafts ,I was fitted for them along with the heads ,they are yonex xpg and every club is individually balanced right down to the grip which has small amounts of weight in the head of the grip. the shafts are regular flex and are made by yonex ,who apparantly are the only golf club manufacturer that make there own shaft.
the thing I like about them is the lack of vibration on miss hits and the lack of twist in the shaft so making it easier to keep the club head square.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Going ot scour the second hand sites once I recover tomorrow. Still interested in the Ping's I've got my eye on but if I can find a graphite set I might go for them instead. It's definitely something I feel I'd benefit from. I'm a short hitter anyway and so if I can generate a tad more clubhead speed while retaining control then happy days