Irons on Driving Range

Prodavid116

Visit site
Been to range again , mainly practicing my tee off's but when using a 3 iron once off the tee and on the matt i could not get it in the air at all , i found it easier on the course strange one , might try using 5 - 7 irons next time?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You may find that a lot in the forum don’t use a 3 iron, too difficult to hit. You may want to look at hybrids to replace the longer irons as these are much more forgiving

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely. Swapped long irons for hybrids and very glad I did. Better ball flight and more versatile on the course (in my opinion) especially in wetter winter lies where an iron is perhaps more reliant on a cleaner strike

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But, is there a more satisfying shot than a well struck, low penetrating stinger with a long iron?

I wouldn't know as I can't hit one so I'm just asking...;)

Bassfisher

Visit site
As someone returning to the game I’m now wondering what hybrids I should consider carrying, any good value recommendations for a high handicapper?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As someone returning to the game I’m now wondering what hybrids I should consider carrying, any good value recommendations for a high handicapper?

Go to sports direct and get a cheap dunlop one for the time being. I picked up one of their NZ9 range ones years ago for about £15 fully intending to replace it with something better once i got used to it, its still in the bag now

Bassfisher

Visit site
Go to sports direct and get a cheap dunlop one for the time being. I picked up one of their NZ9 range ones years ago for about £15 fully intending to replace it with something better once i got used to it, its still in the bag now
Thanks I’ll have a look there then to start