Iron shaft replacement

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looking at changing the shaft in my Ping eye 2s as they are very pitted. I have been offered a set of KBS TOUR C Taper
I know the Ping shafts are taper tip and both .355 diameter but what does the C mean on the kbs. Will they fit

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking at changing the shaft in my Ping eye 2s as they are very pitted. I have been offered a set of KBS TOUR C Taper
I know the Ping shafts are taper tip and both .355 diameter but what does the C mean on the kbs. Will they fit

as long as the C-Taper's you've been offered aren't the parallel tip version (.370) they'll fit. the non parallels are .355.

I use the Stiif + C Taper's myself - C I think Kim Braly just used the "C" to designate it as 'constant'.

you may know already - but they are the lowest launching lowest spinning KBS shaft available currently, so you have to generate good bunch of club head speed to get the best out of them.

Last edited:

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for the reply they are the 120g shaft so not as stiff as yours. I'm looking to bring the flight down on the pings anyway so looking forward to fitting and trying them. They are not my main irons but just like the eye 2s and will be interesting to see the results. Between old heads and new shafts.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use C Taper 120g (stiff) in my MP4s. They are a funny shaft, powerful and straight (despite the swings I put on them) but they feel a bit inert compared to some other similar flex shafts. Still the best performing shafts I have used in years, so not complaining. Make sure you demo one first.