iron shaft replacement narrowed down, i think

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
ok been a bit of trial and error but im getting there,

i currently play mizzy mx200 in dynalite gold xp in regular 300.

so far i have tried and own all of these so i can try at my leisure. (and im changing the shafts myself)

dynamic gold high launch stiff 300 (mx 200 head)

project x 6.0 (mx200 head)

dynalite gold xp stiff300 (mx 200 head)

precision rifle 5.5 (in a mp57)

basically or funnily enough i get on with the dynalite gold xp stiff300, ive got a set of shafts ready and waiting BUT.
if i got a dynamic gold s300 (130g) and a kbs tour stiff shaft what difference will i find between the three shafts. ideally i would like lower than the dynalite gold xp s300. will i be able to swing a 130g shaft when i used to about 115g? is the dg s300 too low and is the kbs borderline high?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Val's right. There's good shafts, less good shafts and no good shafts. Find one that feels good then go out and play golf. It's fun remember. :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Davy, you are over thinking it buddy. Find what feels nice and delivers decent results and o with it.

+1 here

Can you actually detect any difference in flight? Though there's quite a difference between Dynalite Gold XP R300 and PX 6.0!

If you like the feel of the S300s, I'd go that way (probably not for me though).

I can tell the difference in weight much more than flight - and heavier shafts seem to suit me) but I believe dispersion attribute is the next most important one as opposed to flight - as long as it's not so high or low that it's costing huge distance.

T

thecraw

Have a look into Shimada shafts. They are superb.

True Temper Black Gold are also nice frequency matched shafts. I have a couple of wedge shafts in DG BG you can try. Sexy.

Or you can look at SMT shafts. You can order them in low launch or medium or high. FST shafts are availablehowever they are only 0.370 fit. Not to worry though Dave, just get the hosel bored out to accommodate the 0.370 shaft.

Hope that helps.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
+1 here

Can you actually detect any difference in flight? Though there's quite a difference between Dynalite Gold XP R300 and PX 6.0!

If you like the feel of the S300s, I'd go that way (probably not for me though).

I can tell the difference in weight much more than flight - and heavier shafts seem to suit me) but I believe dispersion attribute is the next most important one as opposed to flight - as long as it's not so high or low that it's costing huge distance.

probably not the right weather for testing but i cud tell the difference between all the shafts. the dg have a nicer feel than the rest. the px 6.0 felt dead (if thats a term) the high launch is like ronseal (does what it says on the tin)
. heres the headxxxx i really liked the rifle 5.5 BUT when swapping shafts i couldnt get in to a mx200 head (reckon its a parrallel shaft) went further 5 yards.

yes golf is fun but im at a crossroads with my irons, ive went from 21 to 11 in a year with reg shafts and after a mizzy fitting reckon i should be stiff. to help bring my dispersion closer. im happy with everthing else. i also wanted something slightly lower but ive a set of shafts dg xp s300 lying on ma floor waiting to be fitted
. i will defo go down the whole proper fitting route (like granters did) in a couple of years.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have a look into Shimada shafts. They are superb.

True Temper Black Gold are also nice frequency matched shafts. I have a couple of wedge shafts in DG BG you can try. Sexy.

Or you can look at SMT shafts. You can order them in low launch or medium or high. FST shafts are availablehowever they are only 0.370 fit. Not to worry though Dave, just get the hosel bored out to accommodate the 0.370 shaft.

Hope that helps.

was looking at the black