Iplaygolf

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks quite good fun, £35 per hour sounds a little steep to me though if i'm honest, although you can split the cost so maybe not too bad.

Handy too if we have a long spell of snow

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
There's a place called The Golf Room in Newcastle, been itching to go for ages as it looks awesome.
It's my birthday in a couple of weeks so I may be dropping massive hints to the missus ;)

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
£35 is very expensive, but having looked into the possibility of running one myself, you don't really have much choice, as the earning potential is not great considering how expensive it is to set-up, looks like they have an awful lot of GC2's, and a SAM PUTT lab, would have cost a small fortune to set that up!

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£35 is very expensive, but having looked into the possibility of running one myself, you don't really have much choice, as the earning potential is not great considering how expensive it is to set-up, looks like they have an awful lot of GC2's, and a SAM PUTT lab, would have cost a small fortune to set that up!

Totally agree re set up costs but then again setting up a new golf course would cost a small fortune too

I guess the overheads on an actual course would likely be higher, I do however see there is a market for this I'm just not sure it is that big.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is a market for it, but not a particularly big one. It's going to be very difficult to get people in in the summer when it's light until late, and generally dry, and in winter there's only so many people that'll be interested in using one, as quite a lot of people don't like to hit golf balls into a screen, they like to get their feedback from watching the ball flight. I've decided against it for now, just wasn't going to be profitable from my calculations. It's a nice idea, and they're fun to use, but not sure how well it works as a business outside of central London, where Urban Golf have a strong market presence.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did play one at Center Parc's once.

Was quite good fun, the part that was lacking was the putting. I think as you mentioned this kind of place would work best somewhere like central London.

This is a good idea for lessons and fittings though and they have a large section on that and are not aiming at the simulators alone.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a place like this a lot for practice, as it is opposite my office in Bristol. The one I use is called inplay golf.

This one looks like it uses gc2 hmt, which is better than the system at inplay, but Inplay is cheaper.

I would use that place a lot.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shame its over the other side of MK at Newport Pagnell. Still at £15 an hour midweek mornings I expect I may be making use of it on the odd occasion :)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Went over to have a look at the weekend, they let us try it out for a few minutes. Reasonable setup in a warehouse unit, with 5 simulators, and a 6th being built. I didn't hit the loaner clubs very well (Taylormade blades....), am interested in giving it a go with my own clubs though. The £35 is peak time, can be played for as little as £20 per hour depending on what time you play. They also have a £12 annual membership fee which discounts all hourly rates by £5. Not sure I'd play it more than once although might be a warmer alternative to a winter driving range...... Just to add that I have no link with the facility.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shame its over the other side of MK at Newport Pagnell. Still at £15 an hour midweek mornings I expect I may be making use of it on the odd occasion :)

Been checking it out and have them on FB now too. Looks good, I shall be joining you one Monday morning some time.

Warbur

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a go here this morning for an hour. Membership fee (optional) was £20 which gets you a £10 reduction on the session. After 2 visits the membership fee has paid for itself.

Really enjoyed it and will probably go once a month or so as I thought it better than the range - for me anyway.

Fingers crossed it works to be profitable throughout the year as they must have spent a small fortune setting the place up.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Whats the launch monitor they use? £35 for an hour on a GC2 HMT is a bargain. A Launch monitor (providing you know what you're looking for) is better than a lesson with a pro IMO.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have my own mini launch monitor, since I can't afford to buy one of the big boys, I bought a SwingSmart golf analyser which is linked up to my iPad mini, then I use my iPhone to link up to a ES14 launch monitor, use them both at same time. Not had them long but my teaching pro has a GC2 that I'd like to run the ES14 alongside the GC2 to compare. I have read a review from someone who's done just that but I'd like to do it for myself.

There just been a golf simulator opened up recently near me, not sure what it's called but heard its £15 per hour for its use.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
The golf dome in Hartlepool is good fun and you can always get decent discounts on it. You certainly don't pay £35 an hour.

Warbur

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whats the launch monitor they use? £35 for an hour on a GC2 HMT is a bargain. A Launch monitor (providing you know what you're looking for) is better than a lesson with a pro IMO.

It's the GC2 HMT. Cost was just £20 for the hour after I'd paid the £20 membership fee (seemed a no brainer to join).

Played the Emirates and then spent 10 mins practicing driving on the 1st at Blue Monster.

I'll definitely be going back.