Inesis Tour 900

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Was in Decathlon yesterday and saw these. Appeared to be like their your ball offering. Seem decent at £19.99/doz.

Has anyone on here used them before? Are they worth getting? And what's the compression like?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Depending on how many dozen balls you want I recommend that you buy six dozen Snell MTBX they work out about £26.60 a dozen.

Tremendous ball for the money.

If six dozen is too many half in with a pal or two and get 2 or 3 dozen each. For the extra six and a half quid I think they're more than worth it.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Was in Decathlon yesterday and saw these. Appeared to be like their your ball offering. Seem decent at £19.99/doz.

Has anyone on here used them before? Are they worth getting? And what's the compression like?
Been using them myself they are the best value for money ball I’ve used (never used the mail order stuff like snell and vice)
their distance balls at fiver a pop are decent too tempted to just use them during the winter months

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
I've been using them, a great value ball IMHO. Came out very well here https://mygolfspy.com/most-wanted-golf-ball/ - compression states 98.7.

I am looking at doing what JackoG says for next summer and getting hold of the Snell MTBX, I like that higher compression, it seems the 'soft is best marketing' is flawed. To get best value I'l need to find a someone to share the cost tho. I really feel you don't need to break the bank to get a decent ball.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Depending on how many dozen balls you want I recommend that you buy six dozen Snell MTBX they work out about £26.60 a dozen.

Tremendous ball for the money.

If six dozen is too many half in with a pal or two and get 2 or 3 dozen each. For the extra six and a half quid I think they're more than worth it.
I’ve just ordered 2 dozen of these, delivered for less than £60.
If the reviews are to be believed it could be my new ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've been using them, a great value ball IMHO. Came out very well here https://mygolfspy.com/most-wanted-golf-ball/ - compression states 98.7.

I am looking at doing what JackoG says for next summer and getting hold of the Snell MTBX, I like that higher compression, it seems the 'soft is best marketing' is flawed. To get best value I'l need to find a someone to share the cost tho. I really feel you don't need to break the bank to get a decent ball.
This article is the only one I've seen that seems to think soft is best is flawed. I have used Chrome Soft and the Bridgestone without noticing any loss of distance compared to other premium balls

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
This article is the only one I've seen that seems to think soft is best is flawed. I have used Chrome Soft and the Bridgestone without noticing any loss of distance compared to other premium balls

I was listening to a podcast recently can't remember which one but a quite well respected golf ball designer was on it explaining it. Slow swing speed, seniors etc soft is good. Mid to high swing speeds will benefit from higher compression - more in relation to control around the greens.

I can't help but think softer balls numb the feel of poor ball striking. A firmer ball lets you know in no uncertain terms when you have not flushed one, hence the marketing behind it. Manufacturers want you to feel good when hitting their product. This is different to what is best for your game. Of course, i'm open to the chance my thought process is complete boll*cks.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was listening to a podcast recently can't remember which one but a quite well respected golf ball designer was on it explaining it. Slow swing speed, seniors etc soft is good. Mid to high swing speeds will benefit from higher compression - more in relation to control around the greens.

I can't help but think softer balls numb the feel of poor ball striking. A firmer ball lets you know in no uncertain terms when you have not flushed one, hence the marketing behind it. Manufacturers want you to feel good when hitting their product. This is different to what is best for your game. Of course, i'm open to the chance my thought process is complete boll*cks.
Sounds perfectly logical. I don’t really know how much people value feel for iron shots vs putter feel.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Good point. Think we've all used a ball we've thought "feels good" even if the strike hasn't been 100% perfect. Is that more to do with the sound of the ball off the face, so based on compression. The real issue for me though is how a ball feels off the putter face. Something that feels soft and dough like is a big no for me as is something that rockets off the face

TheDashingBlade

Club Champion
Visit site
The Inesis Tour 900 is easily the best bang for your buck, in terms of new golf balls.

I usually use whatever premium balls are good price and these are easily on a par with the Pro V1s, Z Stars and BX tours.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Imo if you aren’t using or seriously considering using the snell, you’re crazy.

Fantastic golf ball, comfortably 1/2 a club longer than any ball I’ve used, durable and spins great. All for £26 a dozen

Im a a Z star user personally (Srixon fan boy tbh), i am interested in trying the Snell however i have a few Dozen Srixons left. These can be had for a similar price than the Snell if you wait for the 3 for 2 offers etc.

Suppose my question is, are the actually comparable to a Premium ball or is cost hide any deficiencies the Snell may have?

Fully aware of the Snell name and the history of the bloke etc

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Imo if you aren’t using or seriously considering using the snell, you’re crazy.

Fantastic golf ball, comfortably 1/2 a club longer than any ball I’ve used, durable and spins great. All for £26 a dozen

Where do you pick them up for £26 a dozen from? Keen to give them a go, have heard really good things!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im a a Z star user personally (Srixon fan boy tbh), i am interested in trying the Snell however i have a few Dozen Srixons left. These can be had for a similar price than the Snell if you wait for the 3 for 2 offers etc.

Suppose my question is, are the actually comparable to a Premium ball or is cost hide any deficiencies the Snell may have?

Fully aware of the Snell name and the history of the bloke etc

Without sounding like a boasting fool, off 1 you think I’d play a less than premium ball to save some cash?

In the last 3 months there have been 3 reviews/studies I’ve seen that have shown Snell as an incredible ball

MyGolfSpy
Today’s Golfer

And if you want to watch a 20min video then the guys at TXG compared it to the ProV

Last edited:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Without sounding like a boasting fool, off 1 you think I’d play a less than premium ball to save some cash?

In the last 3 months there have been 3 reviews/studies I’ve seen that have shown Snell as an incredible ball

MyGolfSpy
Today’s Golfer

And if you want to watch a 20min video then the guys at TXG compared it to the ProV

No offence mate but i did not have a knowledge of your HC when asking the question...

Was i suppose to be aware?

Ta for the vid

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No offence mate but i did not have a knowledge of your HC when asking the question...

It is in his signature, like most people have, unless you have signatures turned off.

I'm still liking the Titleist Velocity and have the best part of a box to get through, but I am sorely tempted to switch to the Inesis next summer and see if I notice any benefits. At 20 quid it's actually cheaper per box than the Velocity's at the minute anyway, so I might even switch next time I run out tbh.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

Ta for the vid
No sorry I didn’t mean you to think you did. Just wanted to give some context, re reading it back I’ve written it like I’ve made an assumption. Not intentional.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No sorry I didn’t mean you to think you did. Just wanted to give some context, re reading it back I’ve written it like I’ve made an assumption. Not intentional.

Happy days mate. I did wonder tbh 😂

Not a problem at all. 👍🏻

Watched the vid at lunch. V interesting just how little spin they generate.

Possibly better buy those balls than a top end premium shaft (if people are looking to kill spin)

Could get 12 dozen for the cost of a graphite design number etc.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is in his signature, like most people have, unless you have signatures turned off.

I'm still liking the Titleist Velocity and have the best part of a box to get through, but I am sorely tempted to switch to the Inesis next summer and see if I notice any benefits. At 20 quid it's actually cheaper per box than the Velocity's at the minute anyway, so I might even switch next time I run out tbh.

no sigs show on iPhone bud.