Inesis Tour 900

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Bought a box of these tonight to try.

Opened them up once I got home and have the say the covering is very poor. Lots of wee hard lumps across the balls.

Will see how they perform but they do just feel cheap to touch.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think it is already out, the article says that the compression of the new one is 90. On the Decathlon website the compression is listed as 90

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I opened up the other sleeves this morning and it seems the rest of them are ok.

Maybe just one sleeve I got was a bit dodgy.

Interested to hear if everyone elses are ok or not

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I opened up the other sleeves this morning and it seems the rest of them are ok.

Post up some pics if you can and I’ll check mine when they arrive. Did you notice any difference in the lettering? It could be that early quality control was a little off. I think we all take it for granted that stuff just gets made and don’t know about the hard work to optimise production to profitable yields. Sorry for minor rant 🙂

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Post up some pics if you can and I’ll check mine when they arrive. Did you notice any difference in the lettering? It could be that early quality control was a little off. I think we all take it for granted that stuff just gets made and don’t know about the hard work to optimise production to profitable yields. Sorry for minor rant 🙂

I will try and get some pics when I get home this evening.

I didn't notice any differences but then again I didn't compare side by side.

On the other side, if the quality isn't there you shouldn't be releasing the product!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Buy cheap buy twice (or get crap) is a saying that is generally true!
Yes and no.. depends on the profit margin and the extra costs that the organisation takes on board. So Titleist has all it's sponsorship and advertising costs .. suspect that Enisis is a tiny fraction. The raw cost of making the balls will be low depending on the batch sizes, initial low volume runs are expensive. However Titleist does not offer you that benefit as a customer, I don't see a significant price drop 3 months in, so they are not expensive because of quality, they are expensive because people are willing to pay.

I will try and get some pics when I get home this evening.

I didn't notice any differences but then again I didn't compare side by side.

On the other side, if the quality isn't there you shouldn't be releasing the product!

You are correct but sometimes the errors or quality issues are not picked up because the search function is at the wrong part of the line or the statistical analysis is weak.
Dare I say it the first or early adopters are the quality testers now .. I used to get early production run cars and report back faults and they would then review these faults and apply fixes on the points of the line.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

In the box I got, I think one of the balls had a slightly rough mark on surface. All the others seemed fine.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes and no.. depends on the profit margin and the extra costs that the organisation takes on board. So Titleist has all it's sponsorship and advertising costs .. suspect that Enisis is a tiny fraction. The raw cost of making the balls will be low depending on the batch sizes, initial low volume runs are expensive. However Titleist does not offer you that benefit as a customer, I don't see a significant price drop 3 months in, so they are not expensive because of quality, they are expensive because people are willing to pay.

You are correct but sometimes the errors or quality issues are not picked up because the search function is at the wrong part of the line or the statistical analysis is weak.
Dare I say it the first or early adopters are the quality testers now .. I used to get early production run cars and report back faults and they would then review these faults and apply fixes on the points of the line.
According to their own website:
Inesis said:
WHY ARE WE CHEAPER?
At Inesis, we don't want to make golfers pay for anything that doesn’t improve their game. Which is why we do our best to cut out the middlemen in the production and distribution of our balls. We don’t sponsor tournaments, pro players or invest in spendy marketing campaigns. We offer our balls at the fairest price to the golfer.
Sounds reasonable to me, and obviously in direct contrast to Titleist. Personally I don't mind a tiny rough patch on the odd ball, as long as they play well for 20 quid I'm happy. 20 quid is what I usually spend on a box anyway so I'm not really losing out here. I've never got a urethane ball before at that price point, so that's mostly why I'm keen to try these.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Yeah I understand what you mean. I would also say it is outsourced to a factory who may not assess the quality in the same way as they will take the hit in profit.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Cheaper materials, less research and design = cheap in my books. Stick to tried and trusted.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
My only concern when using them has been durability, they have scuffed easier than I would normally anticipate. but at the price point... Interestingly it seems the newer version has changed manufacturer and factory to give greater control of quality. I'd like to know if there is a way to differentiate between versions?