Inesis Tour 900

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had my first round today using the Inesis Tour 900.

Some initial feedback.

Off the driver the ball felt fine, seemed to go the normal distance with a good solid flight. This was hard to really tell as I was using a different shaft in my driver today which was an inch shorter.

Irons were good, ball felt really solid and was getting a lot of spin, sometimes too much. Although the greens were soft so I would imagine any ball of similar standard would have done the same.

Pitch and chip shots were once again fine, feel was really good and the ball did exactly what I needed it to do.

Off the putter it felt great, I putted really well with it today and the feel off the putter face was fantastic. I don't like a ball which is too soft as I used the red Spider which has a soft insert, so I like to have a bit of firmness.

Durability was good, although I only used the ball for 14 holes as I lost one on the 4th. But comparing it to my normal Srixon Zstar XV it was better - I would say durability is a downside of the XV though.

All in all it is a good ball, for the price it is a great ball. I will definitely use them again and wouldn't worry about quality etc.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Used mine for the first time today as well. Played so poorly it was hard to tell - tempting to blame the ball but I won't, haha. I chipped and putted well, some nice pitches as well so that was encouraging. As Coffey mentioned, I liked it off the putter, and on the chips. Will need to test on a round when I'm playing properly though. :LOL:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine arrived yesterday.
Flight was fine, putting was good. They are firm and work well with my soft insert putter.
Spin- hard to say on full iron shots. Chips and flops it’s was very similar to all the premium stuff.
I did manage to put a mark on the surface when I played a bunker shot, which is pretty normal.
At the moment I think this is a pretty good alternative to the premium offerings.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a few more rounds under my belt now.
I like this ball.
It feels solid off the driver possibly firmer than vice pro plus, callaway chrome x and Pro vx - but that’s not a negative point as all of those feel good off the putter as well.
I finally flushed a few irons, and these are good bit clicky but positive. I actually liked the noise on the chip and runs - it has the purposeful click that makes you think that’s got a bit of spin on. They do hop and stop. I haven’t yet hit one full beans with an 8 iron or less to see if it comes back. 3/4 wedge saw it just stop dead.
Downside is the cover durability, go in a bunker and you will most likely mark it. There is discolouration and some light surface abrasions after 18 holes. So they definitely look like they have done a tour!
If I have mentioned it earlier I’ll mention it again, these balls roll really well into the hole. Seriously they make solid effort at getting in. I drained a few 10footers with ease and the distance stuff was inside the dustbin lid or lipping out. The Vice was like that, the Callaway chrome x was great for feel and titleist was erratic!!
at £19/dozen these are well worth it especially if you do occasionally like to set one free.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had a box of Snells sat on the table for 2 weeks waiting to be tested.... havent played in that time!
MTB? If so they are good.
Does anyone else find it frustrating when they update a ball you like and the change isn’t positive?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a small bump on the Inesis ball. I was getting a feeling, even taking winter into account, that I was losing distance with these balls. I switched back to Titleist Velocity on my last round and the distance was more like what I'd expect. So I'll be switching back to Velocity I think, I can't really afford to lose another 5 or 10 yards at this time of year. Inesis balls can be provisionals now I guess.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Just a small bump on the Inesis ball. I was getting a feeling, even taking winter into account, that I was losing distance with these balls. I switched back to Titleist Velocity on my last round and the distance was more like what I'd expect. So I'll be switching back to Velocity I think, I can't really afford to lose another 5 or 10 yards at this time of year. Inesis balls can be provisionals now I guess.

You tried the Srixon SL Lady?

😜

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have saved a few of my tour 900s because it's brass monkey weather. I tried the latest AD333 - 9 in yellow today. It did not feel too bad but the spin levels were not the same. Distance was poor overall but I hit 5 different balls with a 9 iron and they were all the same distance - they were titleist pro V , AVX, Inesis, Ad333 and Vice pro plus. So it was cold and they all did the same thing. I felt a bit of a wimp though :(.