Indoor studio ? If money was no object....

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would just build a seperate building for it with a couple of bays and a bar.

Probably make it big enough for a couple of racing sims and a flight sim in there too because why not.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
I would just build a seperate building for it with a couple of bays and a bar.

Probably make it big enough for a couple of racing sims and a flight sim in there too because why not.

I'd be all over that set up with some motorbikes in the corner just for good measure ???

Nice to dream, especially at times like this

GBC

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
money no object?

i‘d be asking Foresight to build a room with GCQuad. they can supply everything, fit everything and ensure it works.

thanks very much indeed.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
money no object?

i‘d be asking Foresight to build a room with GCQuad. they can supply everything, fit everything and ensure it works.

thanks very much indeed.

This

Money no option then I'd be getting the garage sorted, look at moving some beams etc so there was enough room to swing all clubs including driver, add in heating and decent lighting and get Foresight to crack on

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
money no object?

thanks very much indeed.

Exactly - you don't keep a dog to bark yourself! Get the experts in and sit back.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I think the cost of this type of thing will become more and more affordable as time goes on.

Potentially a game changer in that people can play a bit more at home or at a friends house and become regular players without the potential embarrassment and frustration of playing golf at a course, or even in front of people at a range. Also the type of thing that could start to look much cheaper than going to the range as well.

Looks like an entry level sim with screen and mat starting at £853... and as with all tech, likely to reduce in the future.

I've moved house last year and was really keen to try and make sure we had somewhere that had room for this kind of thing in the future. We've got about 100 things to do 1st, but we have a wooden garage with a nice concrete base... and at some point I'd like to get the wooden bit refurbished or replaced in order to house a simulator, perhaps with some free weights, fridge, couple of heaters etc.

In reality if I was really keen I could clear most of the stuff into the cellar or skip and set it up within the existing structure.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Potentially a game changer in that people can play a bit more at home or at a friends house and become regular players without the potential embarrassment and frustration of playing golf at a course, or even in front of people at a range
But it is not a total replacement. I once shot 6 over for 9 holes on toptracer, I can shoot 6 over for 2 holes on a courses. Can hardly go 4 holes below that on a good day.

But when I win the Euromillion tonight it wouldn’t stop me giving Foresight a call either ;-)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
But it is not a total replacement. I once shot 6 over for 9 holes on toptracer, I can shoot 6 over for 2 holes on a courses. Can hardly go 4 holes below that on a good day.

But when I win the Euromillion tonight it wouldn’t stop me giving Foresight a call either ;-)

Absolutely not a replacement, but might be a soft entry to the game if most people end up knowing someone with a garage simulator and can go and hit every week at no cost with no frustration and losing a ball after every tee shot.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
although if money was no object....

Would you not rather have a house with a big garden and build a few par 3s?

Personally would just make it synthetic to save having to cut it or get it cut and to play when it was wet or frosty

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Money no object?
Well, that would have to be a lotta money. I'd have to move house.
One with lots of room, dedicated buildings( flight sim) and a dedicated building for this golf sim. I too would call in the experts and say, "Over to you"
Probably include a rack for a few ? for the opposition when they came over on those dark evenings, rainy days etc.
Cor, would be lovely!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had this in my mind when we bought our house 5 yrs ago. The previous owner had bought pockets of land off surrounding houses and more than doubled the garden.
Wife said no to all ideas and plans ... she hates golf

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
although if money was no object....

Would you not rather have a house with a big garden and build a few par 3s?

Personally would just make it synthetic to save having to cut it or get it cut and to play when it was wet or frosty
I'd love something like Harrington has in his garden but that needs a shed load of land. I'd be happy with enough room to something like 80-100 pitch shots. That would suit me down to the ground.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd love something like Harrington has in his garden but that needs a shed load of land. I'd be happy with enough room to something like 80-100 pitch shots. That would suit me down to the ground.

absolutely.

Harrington must have at least 0.5 of a greenskeeper on the payroll as well plus a few thousand on equipment and fertiliser every year.

I'd favour something like Gareth Bale or Dave Pelz where it's all synthetic meaning it will stay looking good without maintenance and also won't get too much wear and tear if you have a load of mates using it for a few days.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
absolutely.

Harrington must have at least 0.5 of a greenskeeper on the payroll as well plus a few thousand on equipment and fertiliser every year.

I'd favour something like Gareth Bale or Dave Pelz where it's all synthetic meaning it will stay looking good without maintenance and also won't get too much wear and tear if you have a load of mates using it for a few days.
Synthetic would do it for me as well as long as the ball reacted accurately

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I had this in my mind when we bought our house 5 yrs ago. The previous owner had bought pockets of land off surrounding houses and more than doubled the garden.
Wife said no to all ideas and plans ... she hates golf

Divorce is the correct option here ???

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
If you have the height and room in a garage you can build a very capable room for £3k
How much height would you realistically need? I'm thinking of building some sort of outbuilding in the garden which I could use as a golf sim, but max height without planning permission is 2.5m, which I think is almost certainly nowhere near enough :(

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
How much height would you realistically need? I'm thinking of building some sort of outbuilding in the garden which I could use as a golf sim, but max height without planning permission is 2.5m, which I think is almost certainly nowhere near enough :(
Ask Rick Shiels.....:whistle: