Indoor putting mats

SXRORY

Medal Winner
Visit site
i bought a welling putt matt I wrote something about it on here before which is basically below

I have the 4 metre one.

Pro's

It does roll out nice, and its quick to get going, no creases. Just a little bit at the end is rolled up a bit when you get it out (the bit that was in the middle).

Plenty of things to do with it and games you can play with score cards which get harder with each course

It has improved my putting....I think. My stroke is much better as I putt more and distance control is improved. I normally get it out the night before a round.

Cons
I paid about £100 for a bit of carpet. That still smarts....

I thought it would come with a pouch or carrying thing. It did not. Not convinced there was something missing. I just keep it in the box. In the videos they have a carrying thing?

You need to have a good flat floor. It's long I have found the slightest lean your playing with break. Which won't be good for your alignment when you get out on the course.

hope this helps

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I bought a modular astroturf putting mat a couple of years ago and glued it to an 8' x 4' piece of hardwood that I had delivered.
It sits outside under my conservatory roof, standing up when not being used, but perfectly flat when I lie it down to use it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Rach978

Visit site
I guess most of us prefer modular or rolling mats as they can easily be stored away when not needed. In addition to the space available, you should also consider what do you want to achieve - improve your swing or have some fun during the wintertime. Also, what is your skill level? There are putting mats designed especially for beginners as well as advanced golfers.