Incorrect Attire For Work

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think society needs a bit of formality and discipline to function well, I do however understand that this view is now quite unpopular with many younger people.

Like all things there are limits and parameters of expectancy, what would I think if faced with high court judge in shorts and flip flops with a ring through their nose, some may consider this acceptable but not for me.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I think society needs a bit of formality and discipline to function well, I do however understand that this view is now quite unpopular with many younger people.

Like all things there are limits and parameters of expectancy, what would I think if faced with high court judge in shorts and flip flops with a ring through their nose, some may consider this acceptable but not for me.

What difference does it make as long as a person can perform their job as expected?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I've been retired for quite a few years now, but by the time I left, the dress code had gone to hell.

We've gotten too casual in our dress, too informal and familiar in our speech, and too lax with our manners.

Still, I'm not certain that every generation, upon reaching my age, didn't feel the exact same way.

It's a trajectory, presumably a continuation of evolution,

but looking suspiciously like devolution.

It's looking, in fact, as though we'll be back swinging from trees in no time.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Who knows what they wear under their robe!

D

Deleted member 21258

This takes me back a few years ago, when I got a job in London and on the first day, someone took me aside and said

'You need to wear a pin striped suit, polished black shoes and tie must have a Windsor knot'.

Even to this day, it brings a smile to my face when I think of it, it was a great firm to work for. Learnt so much that helped later on in my business.

D

Deleted member 23270

I'm a male stripper. Sometimes I dress as a fireman, sometimes a policeman and sometimes as a cowboy with leather chaps. Nobody has ever complained.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Dress codes will continue to change for aslong as the Earth revolves around the sun.

Take a look at golf clothes 100 years ago.
Take a look at everyday clothes 100 years ago.

It’s inevitable. You can’t stop it.
Look at kids, teens and some adults nowadays. Tracksuits all looking scruffy and look like they’re going out to rob a moped or something. I’d ban it if I could but apparently it’s cool in this day and age?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dress codes will continue to change for aslong as the Earth revolves around the sun.

Take a look at golf clothes 100 years ago.
Take a look at everyday clothes 100 years ago.

It’s inevitable. You can’t stop it.
Look at kids, teens and some adults nowadays. Tracksuits all looking scruffy and look like they’re going out to rob a moped or something. I’d ban it if I could but apparently it’s cool in this day and age?

My 12 year old practically lives in joggy bottoms, the kind we used to call jobby catchers with elasticated ankles. They're hideous but he loves them. (And they're bloody expensive!)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I explained that it was my view. You of course are entitled to a different one.
No you didn’t.

Why couldn’t a judge perform their role just as well in flip flops and shorts, as they do in the attire certain parts of society expect them to wear?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No you didn’t.

Why couldn’t a judge perform their role just as well in flip flops and shorts, as they do in the attire certain parts of society expect them to wear?
"I think society needs a bit of formality and discipline to function well, I do however understand that this view is now quite unpopular with many younger people."

What part of "I think" do you consider not being my view.