In the prizes wth a very poor score!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I played in a team of 3 open at Pleasington. Pleasington is a great course and is certainly not an easy one, and we struggled, especially on the greens, I 4 putted from 20 feet on one hole. it was the best 2 scores on each hole to count and we finished with a mere 61 points. I was surprised to see we were 2nd of the 10 scores already recorded, but the ones out before us certainly had the worse of the weather, there was even a hailstorm just before we went out.
We had played in lovely weather and as there were another 15 teams to come in, I was sure we would finish well down the field.
This morning I received a phone call to say we had finished 4th, and so were in the prizes. The winning score was 75 but 2nd was only 65, such a big difference!

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I played in a team of 3 open at Pleasington. Pleasington is a great course and is certainly not an easy one, and we struggled, especially on the greens, I 4 putted from 20 feet on one hole. it was the best 2 scores on each hole to count and we finished with a mere 61 points. I was surprised to see we were 2nd of the 10 scores already recorded, but the ones out before us certainly had the worse of the weather, there was even a hailstorm just before we went out.
We had played in lovely weather and as there were another 15 teams to come in, I was sure we would finish well down the field.
This morning I received a phone call to say we had finished 4th, and so were in the prizes. The winning score was 75 but 2nd was only 65, such a big difference!

From what I've seen in the gents opens Louise the scores at Pleasington are always quite low. It's a pretty tricky and well set up course. The shorter par 4s all have small well guarded greens, the par 3s are all tough and the par 5s, well they're not too bad.
I haven't really noticed the position of the Red tees when Ive played it, but I know they have a lot of high profile ladies comps there so I'd imagine its equally as tough.

The bridge they're having built over the train track all looks a bit OTT doesn't it. £1.5 million apparently :eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I wouldn't complain. You can only do your best on the day and if that gets you in the prizes then happy days. We had a stableford won at our place not so long ago with 33 or 34 points from memory and the day itself wasn't that bad in terms of weather!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
The bridge work is quite something, although I did make good use of the metal road on the 5th, my ball hit it and ran an extra 50yds up the hill, shame that was the hole I 4 putted.
I am a bit puzzled with the positionof the bridge though, unless the 11th is going to be the 5th and the 5th the 10th.

It is a long course of the reds, nearly 500 yds longer than ours. Still surprised by the poor scores though.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
The bridge work is quite something, although I did make good use of the metal road on the 5th, my ball hit it and ran an extra 50yds up the hill, shame that was the hole I 4 putted.
I am a bit puzzled with the position of the bridge though, unless the 11th is going to be the 5th and the 5th the 10th.

It is a long course of the reds, nearly 500 yds longer than ours. Still surprised by the poor scores though.

Yes they are swapping them two holes around which makes sense. Always gets my back up walking past a hole only to walk back down it later on to play it! :rofl:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If we have enough entries our Midweek comps are divisional but if there are too few then we are all lumped into one to try to prevent wins with 30 points - last Wednesday I'd have won Div 1 with 30 but came mid-table in the end.
But like the Murphy's, I'm not bitter........

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You don't usually get in the prizes with a poor score - you get into them with a good score in the circumstances.

Weekend comp - three rounds of foursomes stableford in gale conditions - if you averaged 28pts a round you were doing very well. Lots of scores in the low 20s and many in the teens.