Improving more consistent low point

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
I have always struggled to have a consistent low point and therefore really good quality strike. It always seems that I can never get enough weight going forward on the downswing. On days when it is good, the strike is great with nice climbing ball flight, on bad days I catch the ball very clean, so it's still playable but I can lose control of the ball.

What drills can I do to help with the feeling of really getting into the left side and hitting down and through the ball ?

TIA

Roops

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not something I've ever tried, but I'd guess something like this might help?

[video=youtube;hhPf0_v3HIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPf0_v3HIY[/video]

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
can be a ways difficult to say for sure not knowing what initiates the issue. may not be but could be something playing into the difficulty you have at a point even before transition.

for instance if there's any lateral sway off the ball going back then most often folks never really able to recover position fully to be back on the lead side good, so the hip turn & body rotation able to have the arms/hands leading forwards leaning shaft into impact.

check going back to the top that the weight is turning into the trail side, & the weight stays at centre to inside trail foot - so the weight doesn't leak out onto the outside of the trail foot with a lateral sway.

often times helps to use avoidance drills as this encourages folks to make the motions needed.

[video=youtube;arWwsQ_lOjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arWwsQ_lOjU[/video]

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
to this issue something that's useful to do before you go out to play when often times folks can't hit balls always.

get a club & just flip it so you holding the hosel & shaft.
then make a bunch of swings the object of which is to make the handle 'swoosh' target side of the lead leg, so after where the ball would be, don't want to hear the 'swoosh' either behind or opposite the trail leg or at the ball position.

be careful when you do this, the object isn't to simply swing the shaft as fast as you can go - that's no good. feel you doing the whole motion at 80% effort but hearing the noise in front of the lead leg.