importance of the correct shafts?

25putsandin

Visit site
good evening everyone, i am becoming very frustrated with my driver.
i am right handed and have recently started to slice the ball badly, i have had the pro look at me had videos of my swing and seem to be ok.
then someone pointed out that i use a regular flex shaft and that as im improving it could be that my swing speed is becoming quicker they maybe to much flex in my shaft, now ill be honest and wouldnt have a clue whether this is true or complete rubbish, any help or advice would be appriciated. thanks for reading. :D

A

Alex1975

In the main if you are overpowering your shaft the ball will go left but that is not always the case.

"Re: importance of the correct shafts?" it is important but may not be the problem.

Your pro said the swing looked ok? do you have the video clip? if so post it up here and you may get some help.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Something sounds a bit wrong when you say "slice badly" and the pro is ok with your swing. :D

Generally a step from a regular to stiff shaft could make the problem worse.

How far does your average drive carry realistically?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can happen though, it did with me. though that was with a package shaft which I had 'outgrown'. with that anything more than a 72 mph swing (it was clocked) was a guaranteed slice - I was swinging at 86 at the time.

having said that, getting a new driver didn't magically cure everything but I did get a higher percentage straighter more often.