Immitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery Part 2

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just seen the most recent edition of Todays Golfer. I have commented before on how their new layout appeared to be copying GM but this copy took it to the limit.

They have now introduced a 'What are You Talking About Section' publishing comments from the web site forum. Wonder where I have seen that before?

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
Have (unfortunately) purchased their latest copy and have to say I will not buy that mag' again. As Catherine Tate's gran character would so eloquently put it "what a load of old 5hit".

really, really poor. Poor articles, poor reviews, poor ideas (above post good example), repetition of articles i'm sure the weird inventions article has been done - better - before. All in all astinking pile of cr@p. One good thing though was seeing the GM FORUM name in print as they're 2nd in the fantasy league. Well done to all fantasy leaguers involved.

John.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I know exactly what you mean. TG really is developing into a poor mans GM.

Also, could they be any more lodged up the arse of Taylor Made???

I will stick with GM as my main read but will continue to read TG as It atleast relieves boredom on a slack day at work.

Their copying does stink of desperation though.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
TG is a poor mans GM, for a second choice mag go for Golf World or Golf international they are both full of great in depth article and decent instruction but lack behind GM for gear reviews that we all love.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Agree entirely with the comments made about Todays Golfer. Funny how every single equipment review ends up with Callway and Taylormade getting gold awards in every category, alongside Ping for silver. I know these guys produce good kit but they surely can't be field leaders in everything. When GM doe reviews we get people like MD, Benross etc getting mentions particularly for producing good gear at competitive prices. If it is not top of the range (therefore expensive) TG right it off as not being good enough.

The features are tabloid at best with not incisive depth to them and the news section sadly lacking. I'm waiting for them to introduce readers articles and try and tell their readers they have the best website and forum (even though we know better)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
They already have reader reviews but rather than have readers review a shiny new piece of kit, they ask them to write in with comments on their own gear.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Golf Digest is a worthy read after GM, has alot of similar articles/reviews to GW but the yank version has some really good pieces / interviews in it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Can't remember when TG last had an interview with someone other than Jasper Carrot or Les Ferdinand etc. My subscription (a pressie) runs out soon thank God. it really is a waste of paper. its full of inaccuracies - they were talking about Birkdale and how to play the longest hole on the course but the longest hole was a completely different one - they even printed a scorecard that shows it. if they can't even get that right what chance do they have on anything else??????