Im starting to despise tge letter "E"......

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im starting to despise the letter "E"......

Ok.... Not sure where to start.... Iv got a 2 way miss going on and its driving me mad..... If you asked me a few weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to tell you why but now I know...
I played on open singles stableford today and had shall we say an up and down 18.....

Turned with 16 points... After getting 2 shanks with a 5 iron that put me out of 1 hole on the front..... I lost count of the pushes I hit and don't talk to me about snap hooks......

The back nine wasn't much better with 14 points..... On that nine I had 2 more shanks... One with a wedge on a short par 3 I had no shot on that went right in the cabbage....

The other with a 6 iron on a longer par 3........
A pushed tee shot with my driver on 16 put me out of any hope of a buffer finish......

Is there any way you can set up while playing to eliminate at least the one miss..... I can't set up and aim left side of the fairway in case of a hook..... And if I set up to the right and I push it I'm also in trouble......

I know its going to take some time to iron this early extension out of my swing but with a final of our golfer of the year coming up next weekend I'm dreading the round..... I'm not even sure I want to play in it.........

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re: Im starting to despise the letter "E"......

given that shanks and pushes are closely related, and snap hooks tend to be the corollary of the the cause ie you do completely the opposite at the start of the down swing/transistion, you probably have a more basic single issue than you might otherwise think.

I was once told that no-one has ever seen the club head strike a shanked ball - and I've never been able to disprove this in practice, despite hitting a huge number of shanks on the range (I easily sway through lack of balance rather than EE).

You have to believe, really believe, that if the clubhead path is the target line you can't shank it ....

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

given that shanks and pushes are closely related, and snap hooks tend to be the corollary of the the cause ie you do completely the opposite at the start of the down swing/transistion, you probably have a more basic single issue than you might otherwise think.

I was once told that no-one has ever seen the club head strike a shanked ball - and I've never been able to disprove this in practice, despite hitting a huge number of shanks on the range (I easily sway through lack of balance rather than EE).

You have to believe, really believe, that if the clubhead path is the target line you can't shank it ....

I know Pal.... But their bloody annoying.... Especially when you can go about your business the rest of the round without getting anymore....
Its more disheartening than anything else......
The positive that i can take from all of this is that even with the issues i had going around i could have nicked a buffer finish..... Thats saying a lot for my game i think that even when im playing poorly i can grind out a score..... But today the Shanks and the pushed tee shots nailed me....

I just kept the swing thoughts small and quick..... Right backside cheek back in the backswing.... Left backside cheek back and up in the downswing.....It didnt always work though....

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

I just kept the swing thoughts small and quick..... Right backside cheek back in the backswing.... Left backside cheek back and up in the downswing.....It didnt always work though....

get a bar stool/chair and position it to check this for you - once happy that it's happeneing that way with your normal swing put it back in the bar and get on with hitting the ball!

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

get a bar stool/chair and position it to check this for you - once happy that it's happeneing that way with your normal swing put it back in the bar and get on with hitting the ball!

:thup:

Hard to do in a round....:rofl:

But the last 2 sessions at the range iv used my carry bag and purposely left it behind me so that my backside touches the driver......

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Kid,

The best short fix I know for EE is when you strike the ball imagine you are also going to strike another ball around four inches in-front of it. This keeps you down and over the ball.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

Kid,

The best short fix I know for EE is when you strike the ball imagine you are also going to strike another ball around four inches in-front of it. This keeps you down and over the ball.

Hey Kid,

I've been doing the Hogan power drill for the last week, and it's really making a difference to keeping my hips from coming forward on the downswing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNwSfz0_KDM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8p9SHlqyuU

HTH

Cheers Fella's....:thup: