If you want to improve...........

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try playing 2 rounds whilst being in the company of the reigning US Open Amateur Champion, leading Amateur and silver medal Winner at The Open and world No 2 amateur ranked player. :mad: Matthew Fitzpatrick.

Great day playing the 35th York Rose Bowl with his 15yr old brother Alex and Matt doing the caddying. Great lads, down to earth, no pretentious attitude from either of them and their parents were very nice as well.

I wish them all well, and hope Matt gets in The St Jude Classic, then followed by The US Open at Pinehurst.

Me, after neigh on cacking myself when he said, Hi I'm Matt........... DONT HAVE TO TELL ME, I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!! I played best 2 rounds of golf this year.
All the psychology books in the world won't kick you up the arse as much as going and perform for 36 holes in front of The US Open Amateur Champion.

D

Deleted member 15344

What is the York Rose Bowl ?

Where are you a member off anyway ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Scratch event on the Yorkshire Order of Merit

Play in Grimsby.

I've not played Waltham Windmill. Don't think there was a golf club around there when I was visiting in the 80's.

Are the results posted up for the Bowl yet? Do you know how Jason Jones got on?

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've not played Waltham Windmill. Don't think there was a golf club around there when I was visiting in the 80's.

Are the results posted up for the Bowl yet? Do you know how Jason Jones got on?

not that I know of. I don't know Jason Jones so sorry can't help you out there.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Well played 3565!

To be fair - I'd love it even off my 10 handicap. I played the Ping ProAm with Matt Nixon off the European Tour and loved every minute of it, especially when he, a world top 500 golfer, applauded a few shots I played. He also talked me through the thinking pattern prior to playing shots which has proved helpful since. Hugely better golfers than us but nothing to be fearful of, and I bet they couldn't do my job better than me!

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well played 3565!

To be fair - I'd love it even off my 10 handicap. I played the Ping ProAm with Matt Nixon off the European Tour and loved every minute of it, especially when he, a world top 500 golfer, applauded a few shots I played. He also talked me through the thinking pattern prior to playing shots which has proved helpful since. Hugely better golfers than us but nothing to be fearful of, and I bet they couldn't do my job better than me!

exactly, experiences like these you can't buy, a European tour player, top amateur, what ever it is, can raise your game and your right nothing to be fearful about in reality, but being in their presence makes you think and focus possibly more then you would in your roll up or weekend medal.