If you cross borders, what happens to your CDH ?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Out of curiosity, does this apply to players moving from non uk countries as well?
I have a mate who is returning from Spain - should our handicap sec (or other club officer) just manually input his last 20 scores from his Spanish federation records?
There was some chat about just doing 3 new cards, but this seems pretty unsatisfactory.
Are there any written instructions on the congu manual to describe what should be done? After all, it's a pretty predictable and common situation.

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
Home club is in Wales... my CDH starts with a 6, as do all the other Welsh CDHs I've seen. My mates who are in England, have numbers beginning with 1

If I move my handicap to an English club, do I get a new CDH, or keep the old 6 prefixed one? If I get a new CDH, does my playing record migrate?
The idea of having the first digit of the CDH indicating country is so teeth-gratingly prehistoric (1960s-ish)!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Have successfully migrated to Scottish Golf and it was painless. Joined new club on Friday, phone call from club handicap secretary on Saturday to say that new CDH number given by Scottish Golf was up and running and previous record from English Golf all imported. Logged in to Scottish Golf app and everything was there from the my previous record, spot on.

My English CDH is now no longer active. If I log into the English Golf App it says "email address not found, please contact your club to provide them with your email address". I can still see my list of scores but can't do much else, which is fine, I'm just adding the info to the thread for what happens....

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
The key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me, Codd...
(y)An IBM SE, for the company I worked with, went to the states to learn all about DB2 before it was openly released. On return, he stated that the fact that his office was between Edgar Codd's and Chris Date's blew his mind!

D

Deleted member 17920

My English CDH is now no longer active. If I log into the English Golf App it says "email address not found, please contact your club to provide them with your email address". I can still see my list of scores but can't do much else, which is fine, I'm just adding the info to the thread for what happens....
Sounds like LBGC have done the correct thing and resigned you from whs. so many clubs don’t do this correctly.