If it's not broken...

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Couple weeks back I bought a Titleist 917 driver after having a shot of one recently. Didn't go any further than my 915 but being a 10.5 rather than my 9.5 I liked the flight better.

Since I've been using it, in the same setting as my 915, I've hardly hit a fairway, to the point my confidence off the tee was in bits. So last night I thought, change back to the 915 for todays round, what have I got to lose, I hardly missed a fairway all day, irons were rubbish, putting was average but my driving was back, lesson learned....

917 Titleist driver for sale anyone ??

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Think you need to give it some more time to make any firm conclusions. If your irons went to pot after switching back then maybe just a slight adjustment is needed on the 917 to get it working.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find it takes more time to get used to how a face angle appears at address with a driver than a different shaft! And that then starts playing on my mind when swinging....into a downward spiral.

Then again maybe good golfers don't suffer such problems and you just have a faulty 917

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
yes, also both set to the same.

may just be your launch and angle of attack suit a 9.5. Round GE you drove the ball very well admittedly your place is tighter off the tee. most of the poor shots i saw last week were slight blocks.

Have a word with the pro and if he has a launch monitor or a GC2 he may be able to compare and see what the issue is.