I should't have gone.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Morning all,
Lots of spare time on me hands here now with the injury and too much time for dreamin'.
My Dad is changing his Mizzy woods for the new Callaway Razr's so he gave me a shout Saturday morning to head into the local golf shop....
I duly obliged but looking back now i shouldn't have...
Like I do, I went nosing about the clubs and saw the new Ping i20 range in the flesh.....Really sweet...But at 725 euros for 4-SW there a little on the steep side...
The woods look really mean....A stealthy black matt finish....But I'm not sure if they warrant me changing my i15 woods for them...I just cant see the point...

As for the Irons i think i might nearly sway towards the i15 before the i20's as iv always thought that its the lack of a ferrule that separates and individualizes Ping from every other manufacturer....

Oh and on the way out i fell over a bag with a 2nd hand set of Cobra Pro CB's....Now they definitely got me dribbling....As I'm not exactly financially sound at the moment and being laid up in a cast at least for the next 3 months they remain will have to remain out of my reach....:(..

Still though...The new Pings are sweet but I'm not sure if they are really worth the change after all.
Ill stick with my crutches :)0

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Lots of spare time on me hands here now with the injury and too much time for dreamin'.

Interesting... see my thread on putters ;)

PS I think the new i20 range is probably the first time that any iron & woods set of golf clubs has got me ridiculously excited. Sadly though they remain well outside my price range and probably my ability level. Can't stop me dreaming though, one day...

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
Went into my local AG this morning to pick up a new glove, the guy behind the till asked if there was anything else I needed to which I replied "I'll have a set of G20's or I20's if you can convince my wife".....before I knew it he was trying to book me in for a fitting, showing me the clubs in question, asking about my handicap etc etc......I'm quite a strong willed man so was able to shut him up and walk out with no damage done to the bank card other than a £14 glove.....might not be so lucky next time though as the wife is trying to get a new kitchen fitted and I'm trying to swing a new set of clubs to even out the "gifts"

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was looking at the i20s yesterday in AG.

The woods do look great.

The irons however, look like they have a HUGE amount of offset. Not sure if they actually do (is offset measured?) but the 4 iron looked like it had a stupid amount on it. I was really surprised and it put me off immediately. Given my bad shot is a hook anything that looks like it's going left is a no no for me.

They were also chunkier than I expected. Prefer the look of the i15 if I'm honest.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I went to the Braintree AG yesterday as I "need" a new sand wedge as my new Cobra S2 Forged irons come as 4 to 49* gap wedge.

Ended up with a Mizuno MP R12 wedge....56* in black nickel finish. Absolute thing of beauty.

I was struck by just how much new kit there was in there.... this time of year with the season starting and all the new ranges coming out... so so tempting. The place was full of punters as well.

Dangerous times! :D

MattCarter

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was in the same place yesterday Monty had to go in twice has HID was moaning too much the first time. Really packed in the new stuff fell in love with the new Cobra, Nike and Ping stuff but with just buying new clubs in January think I'm going to have to wait.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Morning all,
My Dad is changing his Mizzy woods for the new Callaway Razr's so he gave me a shout Saturday morning to head into the local golf shop....
I duly obliged but looking back now i shouldn't have...
Like I do, I went nosing about the clubs and saw the new Ping i20 range in the flesh.....Really sweet...But at 725 euros for 4-SW there a little on the steep side...

The woods look really mean....A stealthy black matt finish....But I'm not sure if they warrant me changing my i15 woods for them...I just cant see the point.

As for the Irons i think i might nearly sway towards the i15 before the i20's as iv always thought that its the lack of a ferrule that separates and individualizes Ping from every other manufacturer...

Oh and on the way out i fell over a bag with a 2nd hand set of Cobra Pro CB's....Now they definitely got me dribbling....As I'm not exactly financially sound at the moment and being laid up in a cast at least for the next 3 months they remain will have to remain out of my reach....:(..
Still though...The new Pings are sweet but I'm not sure if they are really worth the change after all.
Ill stick with my crutches :)0

Maybe you should take the new bull mastif with you to encourage a special offer price! :)

Last edited:

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I went to the Braintree AG yesterday as I "need" a new sand wedge as my new Cobra S2 Forged irons come as 4 to 49* gap wedge.

Ended up with a Mizuno MP R12 wedge....56* in black nickel finish. Absolute thing of beauty.

I was struck by just how much new kit there was in there.... this time of year with the season starting and all the new ranges coming out... so so tempting. The place was full of punters as well.

Dangerous times! :D

Ha I was in there yesterday myself. Saw a second hand set of MX25 irons that took my fancy then I realised my current irons are fine.