I just can't kick the habit.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
About 2 years ago I fell in love with what I believed to be the prettiest irons on the market.

cobra amp cell pros

They looked amazing and felt superb. Honestly I even loved the sound they made when they were clattering around in my bag. Not this chink chink cheap sound, nooooo they had a lovely solid thud sound.

played them for a year and felt I was not quite good enough to truly do them justice consistently, though when I caught them, my god did they fly.

Honestly I also believe that they massively improved my iron swing. Mainly because the desire to repeat that solid feel of a perfect contact just drove me back to the range day after day.

Finally conceded that I needed a little bit more help and traded them in for a set of Adams xtd forged.

Now these clubs are the real deal. Not the prettiest and not super soft. Regardless they get the ball out there and straight like nothing I have played before. World class irons imo.

So I'm happy to have settled with the Xtd's. think they will last me the next 5 years easily and have seen me hit PB after PB this year. Unfortunately I am a nomad this year but I reckon a am maybe playing to 13 this year, so 5 shots less than 18 months ago.

The XTDS are here to stay!

So imagine my shock when the speculative bid I placed on a new set of irons on EBay pinged up on my phone with the words 'winner'

honestly I did not see this comming but!

I have just committed adultery I think

I am also the proud owner of a brand new full set of these bad mo fo's
IMG_0021.jpg

3-pw with KBS tour X flex shafts.

I know I'm heading down the wrong path. I know I am, but have you seen them? Oh god I'm in love :D

I don't know what's worse. The fact I am such a bling tart, or the fact I am deluded enough to think I can hit a tiny wee 3 iron...

Made up though :D

SXRORY

Medal Winner
Visit site
Very nice, let's be optimistic even if you give them the winter your strike should improve. As I junior I played off 9 with fg Wilson blades for ages, i then went to cobra cavity backs. Literally could not miss. Went down to 6 in a flash.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very nice, let's be optimistic even if you give them the winter your strike should improve. As I junior I played off 9 with fg Wilson blades for ages, i then went to cobra cavity backs. Literally could not miss. Went down to 6 in a flash.

Cheers mate.

I can't wait to get whacking them. Should arrive tomorrow fingers crossed

My ball striking is the best it has ever been currently, which I am going to put down to some long sessions at the range with my trusty DST compressor.

I think I will be happy enough with the cobras, well at least from 4-5 down.

Not had a 3 iron since my first set of Wilson fat shafts, so that will be interesting. Ha.

I'll save it for use off the tee for now.

To be fair as well, the XTDs are not exactly game improvers by any stretch of the imagination in fact there is only marginally more meat around the perimeter in comparison. I think I'll be fine..... hopefully.

They just look blinking lovely though. What can I say.

I'm shallow 😁

JakeWS

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Before you do anything rash I'm from Wigan too and will be more than happy to buy the Cobra's off you if you get sick they look amazing haha.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really nice clubs, love the black and orange paint. I really love the cobra amp cell pro's too, just had a look on ebay to see how much they are going for still too much to consider them at the moment.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really nice clubs, love the black and orange paint. I really love the cobra amp cell pro's too, just had a look on ebay to see how much they are going for still too much to consider them at the moment.

Nice set of fly z + on the for sale section I noticed

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Arrived today which was very impressive.

Managed to hit 60 balls after work. Was planning on comparing them head to head with the XTD's shot for shot but just left the XTDs sat in a puddle whilst I paid the new bats some attention.

Go like a dream and feel great.

It was freezing cold and a bit windy but I was still getting very good distance. Hard to see exactly where the ball lands though as they were plugging.

Even managed to stripe the 3 iron twice out of five attempts. Happy with that as I have never hit one in about 10 years. Real low ones. Looked lovely.

Overall I am very very happy.

Need to get my backside on a course soon