i hate fairway woods!!!!!

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't hit em for toffee,so looking for ideas between 4i and driver,i hit my 21 degree hybrid well so was thinking of going 4i at 23 degrees and then 19/20 degree hybrid then driver.the hybrid is pkenty long off the tee and i would not hit fw off the deck anyhow.any ideas?

Jay1

Head Pro
Visit site
I recently bought a 21degree Taylormade R11 rescue. It's a great club, but when being fitted for it I also hit the RBZ rescue, which is a beast, it goes considerably further than the R11, and I would have bought it if it wasn't a very specific distance bracket I was looking to fill (which the R11 slotted in perfectly).

I was stunned how easy the RBZ was to hit high and long and would definately recommend it as a full blown fairway wood replacement if you can't get on with them

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried the RBZ hybrid last night,horror show! Did like the looks of the Adams and the NIke VR pro though nice and compact.
May put my 3 wood shaft into an old Sumo 2 3 wood head and use that off the tee exclusively,so guess I'm up for a new
hybrid around 19/20/21 degrees suggestions?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The new amp hybrid is a absolute weapon and is my go to club, I've got the 17* 2h and can either use it for low stinging under the wind shots or fill blown floaty flyers, I've had a vast range or hybrids and fairways but this is a truly awesome club!

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well tried a load of hybrids tonight and the clear winner was the Ping i20 by a country mile! stuff it i went and bought it,20 deg reg ping shaft.question is do i actually need a fairway wood now as i hit it so well

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It depends, my driver is about 245 carry, my hybrid is about 200 carry so I had to have a fairway to give me sonething around 225, but you know what courses you play and what distances you need.

I have played without a 3w, but as the hybrid flies pretty low, if in carrying trees on a dogleg the 3w flight is a safer option

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hat fairway woods at the moment too! Keep topping it off the fairway. I hit it off the tee sweet and straight but just cant hit it off the fairway at the moment. Its definatley at no confidence level!

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a eureka moment today while trialling some 3 woods, ball forward in stance but not off the left toe and a slight forward press before take away and bingo! Nailing it big time.So I tried out a few models the RBZ which was ok,the r11 which had way to high a ball flight,the 910 FD which I was impressed with but did not feel overly solid maybe due to the hosel system and the i20 which was simply stunning.A breeze off the deck and tee,in fact probably went further off the deck! So I'm taking my old 3 wood and trying it out again tomorrow to se if it's technique or the club just not suited to me.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have you thought about a lesson?

I have a feeling i may be trying to hit it too hard but im sure the pro can help me sort it out. I also have it setup on my left heel which maybe causing a problem. I will be trying to fix it at the range tomorrow and if its still hopeless i will be having a lesson to cure it :)