I am so bored!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
HID gone away for weekend and has the car, no sport on TV, cant be arsed with the PlayStation, pissing down with rain and I have no irons, went to the range for 30min this morning and froze my arse off. Have a shed load of work I could do but have absolutely no motivation.

Ain't wet Sundays with no golf crap! What you guys doing?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I should also be doing work but have little motivation. My football match has just been called off and so I am now watching local minnows Histon play Leeds utd on ITV 1. The ground is about 10 minutes from my house. It is not going to be a footballing spectacle though- I guarantee that.

B

birdieman

I let the Mrs have a lie in and went to the supermarket - exciting stuff! Early bird misses the crowd as I hate shopping.
Beautiful day up here but it's still about -5 so no golf obviously.
Will probably take the nipper out for a walk later, that's about it.
I binned Sky Sports yesterday and got Sky movies instead as I'm sick to death of endless meaningless football, not interested in watching golf until Masters which is 5 months away or so.
Die Hard 4.0 was on yesterday, not bad for 2 hours of mindless entertainment.
Only thing keeping me enthused this winter is a week's skiing in January, trawling the net for a deal and some kit inbetween being entertained by you lot! ;)

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
At work today Hywel. I sold my Jaguar to my teaching pro last week and Im pining for another one already.

Going to be getting plenty of practise in this week coming ready for saturdays medal.

Going to start the xmas shopping online I think.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
HTL and the rest of us..Can't play today as freezing fog outside,visibility 150yds at ground level so a no-no up in the hills.
Scored brownie points by doing the hoovering,ironing(all mine-how can I go thro so many clothes in a week?).Will shift some of SWMBO's plant pots into the lee of the house later.
And then I'll head up to the range for an hour-will be well wrapped up! :rolleyes:

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
So who else has been on online golf today and been tempted by something? Just bought a caddy lite online, its been such an expensive weekend, roll on payday!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So who else has been on online golf today and been tempted by something? Just bought a caddy lite online, its been such an expensive weekend, roll on payday!

I am so tempted to get on these GPS things but I want to try one first and nobody at the club seems to have one. I tend to play the same course mostly - how valuable do you think its going to be for me? I've played the course a thousand times and know almost every inch of it. Am I really going to benefit? Obviously I will if I play away and get the course downloaded but that's going to happen less due to the crunch.

Convince me Someone please one way or the other!!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I you only play the same course time after time and know it like the back of your hand there aint much point, but if you ever come to a forum meet or go play some place else there are vital.

The way I worked it out is that yardage books are about £10 ish a course and knowing me I will lose them, the caddy lite is £99 the distances are exact and I plan to "get about" next year as much as I can playing you guys and any help I can get with my game is much needed.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Imug, yes a skycaddie / GPS would benefit you. Even if you know the layout of every hole, human error means you can never expect to be perfectly accurate with your distance judgement when deciding what club and a skycaddie would take the guess work out of this and I am confident would make you more accurate. (I hit 13 greens I think it was on my first round with a skycaddie !) That is reasonable in many peoples books and especially mine as missing greens has always been my problem. Also if you stray into the rough and can't find anything such as a 150 marker to tell you how far you are again the skycaddie will help you with club selection. The confidence it gives you in knowing you have the right club is also a huge benefit.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I ordered a sonocaddie on Friday it arrived yesterday and was put straight on charge whilst I went to the course.

I was +3 gross after 14 and on for my best score when the bloody fog descended and we had to pack in. It was so frustrating but couldn't see the flag and The lad lost a ball from his drive and he is as straight as an arrow with his driver (wish I was)

I had to take HID Xmas shopping this morning, first and last time :D
Was on our way home on the motorway and I asked her to drop me at the course.
"they won't let you play like that" she said.
Popped the boot and out with the waterproofs
I had, just in case, put the gps in the bag.
I only had 45 mins on the course but first impression is it is superb.
It was a one off price(no subscription),around the size of a mobile phone, Full colour, does the stats, measures shots, you can even edit the course if there has been any changes or is going to be any. It holds 30 courses at a time,100 sets of stats and 100 scorecards.
if I can get out t'mora aft then i am going to record distances for a couple of clubs and do this each time I can get out for an hour until I have them all. I was thinking of 25 balls to get a good indication. I will do this again in the spring when the weather warms up a bit Incidently I hit 5 balls form the tee box with the 3 wood, shortest was 218, longest was 254 and it was bloody cold.
First impression with the gps is it is going to be a valuable piece of kit.

http://www.sonocaddie.com/

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be fair my day has been pretty good. A good solid range session and then straight down to another range to a TM demo day. 90 minutes trying drivers and hybrids and home for some lunch and endless cups of te courtesy of HID as I "rested" and watched the footie. Just had home made toad in the hole (with caramalised onion flavoured sausages, home made batter and brown sauce) Just catching up with goings on here and then off tho watch Golf Night. Off this week so off to play tomorrow