Hybrid

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hybrids for me are super sensitive to path, come too far from the inside and they are impossible to hit.

I’m working on hitting down more and coming less from the inside, when I do the hybrid is far easier to hit than it’s long iron equivalent. When I don’t the long iron seems to work but the results are not great, but at least not a flat out top.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't focus too much on the number of the club, but look at lofts and gaps - you may find that you may hit a 4 hybrid 190 yards carry, but then hit your 5 iron 160 yards - but if you look at loft and carry as the factor you'll fit those hybrids in better.

Zig

Visit site
I've got a Rogue #3 iron replacement. It's like cheating... whatever swing you put on it, it works. So good I've just got the three wood.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Don't focus too much on the number of the club, but look at lofts and gaps - you may find that you may hit a 4 hybrid 190 yards carry, but then hit your 5 iron 160 yards - but if you look at loft and carry as the factor you'll fit those hybrids in better.

Yeah that's why I just changed to a 4 wood

Makes my top end of the bag

10.5 driver
17 wood
19 hybrid
22 hybrid
23 iron
26 iron

And so on

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I just ordered a 19’ hybrid (Yonex - see other thread). It will replace my heavenwood and will hopefully fill the gap after my 23’ 5 iron and give me a 180-190 shot into green or 190-200 safe tee shot