Hybrid help

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I am looking (more window shopping at the moment) at two new Titleist 910 hybrids. I notice that the lofts are 17, 19, 21 and 24 degree. The 17 degree will be fine as my current Ping is 16 degree, and if necessary I can deloft the Titleist a little, but may not even bother. I would also like a 20 degree hybrid and my question is should I get the 19 degree and increase the loft or the 21 degree and reduce the loft. On my 910 driver you can increase the loft more than you can decrease, but not sure with the hybrids.

Does anyone know how much you can alter hybrid lofts, and does it make any difference increasing or decreasing. Are the shafts the same, or would they play differently.

Thanks for any help.

Rich

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The increase/decrease of loft is the same as in the driver so .5 down, 1.5 up..?
There's 1/2 inch difference in the shafts and 1/2 a degree in the standard lie
CofG is going to be slightly different but I doubt it would make much difference. The 19 would be a little further back than the 21 giving a slightly higher launch for the same loft.

All in all I doubt you'd experience much difference between the 2 if set to a similar loft

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Some of the above slightly confuses me - nothing new there.

I may also replace by current TM hybrids (19 and 25 degree), but I was wondering how much generally 1 degree makes in terms of distance.

I hit the 25 degree between 180-200 and the 19 degree 200-220, but to get my gapping right,but was wondering the rule of thumb for each degree of loft in terms of distance.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When I first bought my driver I had it +1.5°, and to me it made it look slightly closed. Because they can't physically move the face independently of the rest of the head they achieve the loft increase through altering the lie angle. I'd be happy to accept that it was all in my head but if it were me I'd go for the higher loft and take it down rather than the other way round.

Try increasing the loft on your driver and see what you think it looks like. It will probably confirm that I'm nuts, but better that than discover it looks odd after you've bought it.

Liver: generally about 3 yards per degree of loft but there's so many other things that can affect I'd just go for evenly spaced lofts, especially if you have a 20yd 'window' on your current distances.

T

thecraw

17 and 21 and leave the lofts alone. Just make sure that you get the correct shaft for your game.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys, Will look at the 17 and 21 degree ones, but I can't promise not to fiddle around with the lofts.:lol: Will wait until the new GM fitting winners are announced, just in case.:smirk:

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Liverbirdie - you don't use tour x per chance - was wondering what it was like? Oh and for my money the new cobra rail is superb!