Hybrid? Forgive me

Richardb1012302

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all, looking for a forgiving hybrid, it will be my first as i cant use the 4 iron on the grass really ( off a little tee its all good, but hopeless otherwise) So basically a nice forgiving club would be nice. Any ideas?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi all, looking for a forgiving hybrid, it will be my first as i cant use the 4 iron on the grass really ( off a little tee its all good, but hopeless otherwise) So basically a nice forgiving club would be nice. Any ideas?

Hi Richard.
The easy answer is learn how to hit your 4 iron but.....
If you want to go for a hybrid, you need to look for something around 24 degrees.
As to which make and model, it would be impossible to say as there are so many out there.
If you could tell us what clubs you have at the moment and what your budget is, we can probably help you out a bit more.

Richardb1012302

Club Champion
Visit site
At the moment i have some Tm Superlaunch irons, they are nice and working for me well, just the long irons are a struggle as a beginner. I would be looking around £100, i have seem some nike sq hybrids in the sale at the pro shop that tempt me.

Richardb1012302

Club Champion
Visit site
No lessons. I know i should, but i dont fancy them tbh, my mate got me into golf and has helped me out and i am doing ok. Maybe i should invest in a few lessons

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I teach golf so I am biased.
Some on here play very good golf and are self taught.
Others wished they had taken lessons sooner.
Here's what I suggest...
For £100 you could get a lesson AND a perfectly good 4 hybrid.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Should even be able to get a couple of lessons if you go for the 'reasonable priced' hybrids such as Benross or MD. After the first lesson of course.

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The TM Superlaunch irons are very easy to hit, possibly easier than some hybrids therefore as Bob and others have suggested I would go for a lesson before going down the hybrid route.

I'm not a big advocate of regular lessons, (I prefer as and when required), however they are essential when you start playing to help you understand your swing and the basic fundamentals which will give you a good foundation to build on.