Hoylake

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit of a report on the TV this morning regarding a demo against a new golf complex and course to be at Hoylake. I have to agree with one of the people interviewed as she said that there's enough courses locally already.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Bit of a report on the TV this morning regarding a demo against a new golf complex and course to be at Hoylake. I have to agree with one of the people interviewed as she said that there's enough courses locally already.
Try getting into/onto one of them at a reasonable price then!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Am I right in thinking that it is mainly replacing the current municipal as well as using surrounding land? If so, its replacing a golf course one-for-one.

Ok 18, for 36. :)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Am I right in thinking that it is mainly replacing the current municipal as well as using surrounding land? If so, its replacing a golf course one-for-one.

Ok 18, for 36. :)
Not quite. The Muni is being replaced, but there's another 'resort' one being added, with a Hotel servicing it/both. Neither are links courses. Could be some 'reasonable' objections/challenges for the development as flood plain/wetlands involved with consequent bird-life issues. Doesn't seem insurmountable though - especially as 'authorities' seem keen!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not quite. The Muni is being replaced, but there's another 'resort' one being added, with a Hotel servicing it/both. Neither are links courses. Could be some 'reasonable' objections/challenges for the development as flood plain/wetlands involved with consequent bird-life issues. Doesn't seem insurmountable though - especially as 'authorities' seem keen!

Going on when I used to play at the Muni, it was hard to tell when the wetlands and golf course overlapped. ;)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Going on when I used to play at the Muni, it was hard to tell when the wetlands and golf course overlapped. ;)

Supposedly, that's all under control. It's prertty impressive how water can be managd these days. The Shire London is a pretty good example - the previous course (Bridgedown) was popularly known as 'Bogdown'. Still prone to sogginess after long periods of rain - it's significantly lower than the 'well draining' course across the St Albans Rd which sheds it water onto the road - but the use of structured ponds has optimised water management - both for irrigation and simply to remove from the course. And it has an extremely 'healthy' amount of bird-life (unfortunately including the dreaded Canada Geese).