How's your track looking?

B

birdieman

White.....still... :(

Thawing today but more snow on the way we're told :mad: :(

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played this morning and found the course to be in surprisingly good nick. Much firmer under-foot than I imagined it would be, given that it was covered in snow for four weeks, and played from proper tees to proper greens too.

All in all, things are looking good for the start of the new season 'proper'. :cool:

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mine completely soaked, all temps, fairways are waterlogged and some massive puddles which look more like ponds. It's making me think of looking for a links course because the drainage where I am now is non existent

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
The areas around the tees are a bit battered by use and soggy ground but at least its been played on, the greens have been kept safe most of the time and are looking fantastic, I can't wait till they are in use again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My course has been unusually proactive and put big roped off areas around the aprons of the wettest holes that force trolley users and bag carriers alike to walk down the edge of the rough and around. Its made a huge difference on several holes already

pigmeister

Assistant Pro
johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
The John O`Gaunt course which has a peaty base is not to bad, considering the amount of water that has fallen on it in one form or another. On temporary tees till the end of March. The 11th was dug up(due to drainage problems) and relayed last October and will be ready for play in the spring, so its on a permanent temp till then, but all the others are on main greens. These are good although you get the odd little bobble. the bunkers on 14,15 and 18 have been dug out and redone, the 16th tee has been dug up and will be relayed shortly. Overall, its in good nick, looking good for the coming year.
The Carthagena course is sand based so all the water we have had has gone straight through it and its dry. We are on temporary tees till the end of March. All on main greens which were in excellent condition last weekend, very good pace and very good roll on them. No major work done on the course this winter, just routine maintenance.
Overall both courses looking very good for this coming year.
If anyone fancies a game here when the weather gets better, give me a shout and we can sort something out.

BushFinder

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Still a bit boggy in places, I guess I can live with that.
However some of the greens are a bit patchy in places, but overall its in decent shape considering all the recent weather.

I did play on RickG's course last week and was very impressed with the quality and state of the greens there.

BushFinder

algar5

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Was at the course today and spoke to Head Greenkeeper. Severe Cold Weather has damaged drains on 2nd and 6th holes although groundwork to repair them will be finished by the end of the week. Apart from that course is wet in places but noticeably better than Sunday. We are on winter tees and had 3 temp greens but big greens in operation were in good condition.

Hogan_Fan

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have to say that our course (Norwood Park) is looking excellent. Played last Sunday for the first time since all the snow and absolutely no complaints. Despite very heavy overnight rain the ground was firm with very few "wet" areas. We are very lucky here never to have to play on tempories due to having American PGA spec greens and a really excellent Greenkeeper who knows his stuff! :D

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
We had 13 holes open last friday and they all played pretty much like normal. Apparently the 14th was almost under water and you have to walk the hole to get to the other parts of the course - hence the last 5 being closed. But I suspect the last 4 would have been perfectly playable and hopefully they'll all be open on friday.

The last 5 holes at Aylesbury Park were open this week, not a soul has been on them for about 5 weeks, and the greens look in tip top shape.

The other 13 are not too bad either apart from the 5th green
(See post "What are we going to do with him")

Fragger

T

thecraw

Surprisingly good at Ranfurly Castle, not ventured across the water to Rothesay yet.

DCB

Visit site
Passed by this morning and there were some stalwarts out enjoying the sunshine. Trouble was that there had been very low temps overnight and there was still frost on the shaded parts of the course at 12 noon ! The joys of winter golf :D

The course looks to have survived the snow and all the sledgers and skiers that used it earlier in the month. Good to see it back to the normal colour.

I might go and play over the back 9 this afternoon, they're in the sun mostly, or it might be a trip to Kings Acre range to re-aquaint myself with what end of the club to hold :p