How to resolve tee theft ?

sydney greenstreet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Following on from my post about missing tee's, How do you solve tee theft at various holes be they yellow or white, we play at a muni course and we have tee's going missing regularly more important for the whites as the yellows IMO, Here was my idea when the greenkeeper/staff cut the grass a spray can white/yellow could be used to make 2 tee places after a few days cut the colour would fade so you could make the markers every few days. any other idea's ?

Last edited:

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Following on from my post about missing tee's, How do you solve tee theft at various holes be they yellow or white, we play at a muni course and we have tee's going missing regularly more important for the whites as the yellows IMO, Here was my idea when the greenkeeper/staff cut the grass a spray can white/yellow could be used to make 2 tee places after a few days cut the colour would fade so you could make the markers every few days. any other idea's ?

We have had problems with The Fantom Flag Filcher and Pole Pincher

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
they should make them out of branches, big twigs etc that the greenstaff clear, just cut to appropriate size and length, paint and adorn with something cheap to make it stand out, they could rustle up a seasons worth in an hour or two and not worry about theft or cost....without detracting too much from having 'decent' tee markers

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a good question

Personally, for the purposes of competitive golf, spraying a mark where the marker is then placed and using that in it's absence, makes sense - tee markers should be moved on any course as fast as such sprays will fade anyway (and as long as a single marker remains it should be obvious where the other was (is).

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are lucky, must be a posh course, last time I had a tee stolen it was from under my ball during a drive....never saw the little blighter take it either.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
who would pinch a tee marker,unless they are made of gold at your club,we have a plaque on every tee showing the distance and hole layout,these are set in a stone plinth at the end of the tee area,the actual moveable distance (tee area markers) are painted pieces of logs,unless someone has an woodburning stove and needs the kindleing they are worthless.

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
We have large coloured circle stones that mark the measured tees and moveable wood ones that mark the days tee. If the tee wasn't there I'd have to play from the stones and no one could lift them out of the ground.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have pretty standard markers and wooden poles in a concrete base to indicate the exact yardage. Never had any issue. Even at Wimbledon Common which Joe Public ran amok over never really had any problems. Maybe the odd flag missing on the green I the school holidays but never a tee marke

Yosser

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My local muni uses painted concrete blocks with a steel eyelet, I guess the greenkeeper uses machinery to move them.