How to make friends on here.....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Is it any different to the look at me I am changing 'coach' and having another frigging lesson threads?:blah:;)

Probably not but I don't worry what people say on here about me anymore and have learned to take the rough with the smooth without picking up my sangria and toddling off in a strop. If you don't like what I post don't read it. I'm sure someone will direct you to the block button if required.

I really wasn't trying to be argumentative but just asked the question in an ironic manner. And I'm told I've no humour. Oh well

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not at all. Its just that there seems to be loads of these look at me I'm in Spain posts. Funnily enough I did ask the question was he trying to be funny (clearly yes) but clearly I touched a raw nerve. Cest la vie. Not the first person I've hacked off(albeit by accident this time) and probably not the last. I'm not sure what Steve's issue was. I did ask the question are you being ironic, contentious or humourous. Simple enough question

aye he is just having abit of crack..

no harm really.

Phil

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh dear, I am sorry...am I not allowed to make a fun thread on here? Does each and every thread have to be deadly serious and not have any humour within?

Well, I tell you what...thanks for the fun times I have had here but with this sort of post and the one the other day from a Moderator that was also terse....I think it is time for me to take my leave.

Homer...it is called HUMOUR. It is called FUN POSTING.

To those with an apparent sense of humour...enjoy your golf lads...been nice chatting to you types.

Dont worry about it Steve. Every now and then there are little spats on here, you seem like a decent and funny chap and I have enjoyed reading your contributions. Homer's only trying to wind you up because your posts per day is higher than his ;) ;)

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Probably not but I don't worry what people say on here about me anymore and have learned to take the rough with the smooth without picking up my sangria and toddling off in a strop. If you don't like what I post don't read it. I'm sure someone will direct you to the block button if required.

I really wasn't trying to be argumentative but just asked the question in an ironic manner. And I'm told I've no humour. Oh well

Well let it go,it aint your forum pal,anyone can post what they wish.

It isn't '
If you don't like what I post don't read it' it really is if you don't like what someone posts you do not need to reply.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well let it go,it aint your forum pal,anyone can post what they wish.

Nope, you've lost me now. been back over it and can't find anything to suggest saying he or anyone can't post what they like. I think if you look back I'm one of those that have always said its a forum and so everyone is entitled to their opinion. Whether you agree with or not, think it intersting or not is then a matter of taste but it doesn't give one mans post greater credence than the next. I've never said it's my forum or even entered that silly notion into my head.

As you say its an open forum and so by that token alone my post is equally as valid as any other. I really wasn't trying to chuck a grenade into the debate but as Steve took it the wrong way (apologies to Steve for the way it obviously sounde) it seemed to signal the usual opportunity to Homer bait and attack (same old faces too). As I've said I've grown use to it and really don't worry what people think (lifes too short) but it won't stop me fighting my corner if someone decides to have a pop.

I was under the impression we're still in the season of peace and goodwill to all men so sorry once again if my post upset or annoyed Steve. I'm prepared to leave it at that but no doubt someone will want/need to have the last word.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Nope, you've lost me now. been back over it and can't find anything to suggest saying he or anyone can't post what they like. I think if you look back I'm one of those that have always said its a forum and so everyone is entitled to their opinion. Whether you agree with or not, think it intersting or not is then a matter of taste but it doesn't give one mans post greater credence than the next. I've never said it's my forum or even entered that silly notion into my head.

As you say its an open forum and so by that token alone my post is equally as valid as any other. I really wasn't trying to chuck a grenade into the debate but as Steve took it the wrong way (apologies to Steve for the way it obviously sounde) it seemed to signal the usual opportunity to Homer bait and attack (same old faces too). As I've said I've grown use to it and really don't worry what people think (lifes too short) but it won't stop me fighting my corner if someone decides to have a pop.

I was under the impression we're still in the season of peace and goodwill to all men so sorry once again if my post upset or annoyed Steve. I'm prepared to leave it at that but no doubt someone will want/need to have the last word.

Oh life's a bitch eh?:rolleyes:

As I said Homer,let it go,actually let it go and move on.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

it did sound a little off hand Homer, If Steve wants to bang on about Spain he can, he's not called Steve in Solihull after all.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Oh life's a bitch eh?:rolleyes:

As I said Homer,let it go,actually let it go and move on.

Nope lost me again - can't remember moaning about life being a bitch either. In fact Dodger its going rather well chez Homer for once. Extra cash has come our way HID has a permanent contract from 1st Jan and I'm hitting the ball ok. Thanks for the concern though.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Nope lost me again - can't remember moaning about life being a bitch either. In fact Dodger its going rather well chez Homer for once. Extra cash has come our way HID has a permanent contract from 1st Jan and I'm hitting the ball ok. Thanks for the concern though.

Well done son and a prosperous new year....I never mentioned anything about you moaning by the way....:mmm:

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Must admit...................... I agree with Homer!

All he seemed to bang on about was whoop-di-doo, look at me in Spain! Fair play to the guy, he has the weather, we don't.
I'm all for banter but did find him a bit yawn inducing with some of his posts (he made enough of the buggers!!!):rofl:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
To be honest I do envy Steve a little, playing in 19 deg ....... but its about 13 deg here and calm as you like at the moment and, if I was fit to play, its as good as winter golf gets. I tell you what though, i would in no way want to be playing in Spain during the summer months, I hate it when its get much over 75 deg and I would put up with almost anything in the winter if i dont have to play when its 40 deg!

So Steve can take the pee as much as he wants now.... but wait till June, its then my turn!

Chris