How to improve in your very own home!

standrew

Head Pro
Visit site
I think there is a lack of understanding in learning, including golf. Most people think the only way to practise is to do endless physical repetition. It is not.

Last edited:

kozmos

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I get home from a round first thing I do is take my putter, pw, 60 and 8 iron straight out the bag and leave them around house. 8i normally ends up in the kitchen as I can make a full swing in there, using tiles as my lines, the others end up in the living room, I put a couple of elastic bands roughly 5meters apart(room length) and I'm good to go. The bands make great holes, Since I started doing this my shot game has improved 10 fold, I'm much more confident from 130 in koz I know if I don't get close there's still a poss i might hole the next 1 .. let alone get up and down, minute here 2 minutes there, they all ad up! Doesn't go down well with the missus, but you gotta make some sacrifice s if you're serious about lowering those digits :-D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Brand new house and the missus would have my meat and two veg in the blender if I started swinging in it. I prefer to hit balls on a range anyway. It's about club meeting ball and so all the rehersal and practice is academic if you don't deliver it properly when it counts

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think there is a lack of understanding in learning, including golf. Most people think the only way to practise is to do endless physical repetition. It is not.

One of my dad's favourite sayings - 'practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent'. If you are constantly practicing things which aren't beneficial, you're almost better off not practicing at all.