How to get over a bad round off golf

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Go and play again, it’s not the end of the world - no one died or lost their job. Think we all forget it’s just a game sometimes and take things far too serious.
Just remember it is something you do for fun, not to save humanity if you don’t score well

D

Deleted member 25172

Howl do I recover from a bad round where I shot my highest score ever and my lowest stableford score

If it indeed was your worst round ever it’s quite unlikely that your next round will be even worse.

Get back out there and play.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I've had a had round I think back to whatever I did worst and try and work out some sort of improvement by the next time.

Having something positive to think about saves me wallowing in the misery from the last one.

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
An exceptionally bad round can hit at anytime, whether you're in form or not. It's when you have several bad ones together, coupled with not being able to correct serious swing troubles mid-round, that can leave you wondering if the game is really for you! :unsure:

Best solution is mentioned above several times - just get back out there and accept that one good shot is all it takes....one shot at a time! ;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Howl do I recover from a bad round where I shot my highest score ever and my lowest stableford score

You mean like mine yesterday - 21 pts and only just scraped that - with chipping and putting horror after horror all the way round - and yes - plenty of howling - mostly inside...

Back in clubhouse more than one of my chums expressed their surprise - saying so they said because I am not that sort of golfer - and another member said to me - don't worry - you know you have a decent golfer inside and that won't disappear overnight. And so with yesterday behind me I will take that thought with me onto the 1st tee next time out.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Take a half set, carry and only play 9. Removes all expectations of what you should be shooting, taking the half set will no doubt make you play shots you wouldn’t normally - it’ll help you remember how to score and have fun, then you can get back on the horse.

We’ve all been there. Chin up bud

D

Deleted Member 1156

Get absolutely hammered in the clubhouse then drive home. I always think my driving is better after a few beers (y):ROFLMAO:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
REmortgage your house, sell your family and spend all the money on drugs and hookers (not golfing hookers obviously)

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What do you do.....absolutely nothing, other than going out as normal.

I played with 3 guys a few weeks back and it almost broke my heart watching a friend struggle so bad. We only played 9 holes and he had a genuine 1 point. He came out the following Saturday, again playing 9 and had 16 points.

Put it behind you. We all have nightmares and the same thing is unlikely ever to happen again

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been playing just over a year and had about 10 lessons
I wouldn't worry about it. Even the very top players are capable of chucking a score of well over par into the mix. We all get them and when I play rubbish (and it has happened too often for my liking at times) I simply go out next time to enjoy my game, maybe with lower expectations and see what happens. If I am struggling I try and get the ball back in play as quickly as possible with no hero shots and try to eliminate the car crash holes. If my form continues to be crap or I get a repeating error (shank, slice etc) I'll go to the teaching pro I use and have a quick 30 minute MOT to make sure the basics are in place

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Book a playing lesson with your pro.
(S)He'll be able to help you make better decisions on the course and identify the problem areas you need to work on.