• 12 - 13.99%

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • 14 % plus

Votes: 8 9.5%

• Total voters

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Mine last year was £830 and now £1020 this year because of what they lost in visitor fees due to covid so can see me going back to my old local parkland which is £800 a year and seems to be thriving and majority of my mates play at .

peld

Visit site
12% this year after 2 years of no change.
Fortunately I got a 10% reduction this year as I introduced my neighbour.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
£680 to £727 so that 7% - for 5 day membership. After reading some posts I think we're getting a bit of a seeing to. Still, the wife's still playing so I'll be staying. Hey I'm a poet!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is written in to our Rules and Regs that the increase will always be at minimum the rate of inflation. It was kept at only that this year.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Membership renewals due on April 1st. Increase of 12%, from £1,155 to close on £1,300 for 7-day membership. There was a long email attempting to justify the increase!

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
this years fees have been frozen again, not sure if that's the correct decision, but another year of record green fees helps keep the membership down.

BRS booking system has meant a lot more money coming into the club

evemccc

Visit site
This is not an educated view - having not been on the board - but I’ve spoken in the 19th hole to several past and present board members and I think increasing members fees over and beyond inflation is foolish and short-sighted
Surely the key for clubs is to lock-in the upsurge in members — and get them in the bar, get them doing comps etc. Bar income is an important revenue stream for clubs.

IMO a strong and healthy membership is the key to a good golf club, both financially and in other ways a club is ‘good’ — increase fees too far and there are plenty of 5-days a week working Full members who could just do a April-Sept season of golf opens and green fees, with a couple of winter links getaways and give up membership

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
2% I think, but as we have had a levy period for a few years that finished last year, the nett effect is pretty much no change to what I paid last year. Still - it's a few quid over £1800 once EGU Fee is included. That's just the cost of golf in a decent members club in my part of the world, so don't go complaining about your fees :)

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
My club has done away with family membership which was a bit of a blow to be honest. It would have meant roughly £500 a year for my wife and I to both go full members.
We have taken the decision to go to flexible membership which allows me to pay a reduced rate per round but not to enter any club competitions.

The Fader

Visit site
No increase for me. Fees frozen for 2nd year running.

Plus a sweetener of 6 complimentary rounds for guests for those members who have maintained unbroken membership since the original lockdown.

Very happy with that!!

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Nothing, conscious decision with all the shitbaggery that's hitting or about to hit, to show a gesture of keeping fees as they are.

Really should have been a separate poll category for 0

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The trouble is if you want to join another club down in Kent of a similar level or better than Sene Valley, your looking at a long waiting list at the moment.

The clubs know this only too well.

Oh yeah 100% the clubs have got all the power now!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Oh yeah 100% the clubs have got all the power now!
Maybe this year, but they won't next year. Much like the golf world changed suddenly in 2020 with a big increase in participation, it is going to have a similar change in the opposite direction within the next year.

On a purely simplistic level, petrol prices will make anyone who lives more than a few miles from their home club think twice about rejoining. Then you have the increased cost of living, other sports/hobbies going back to normal, etc.

I think any club implementing increases above inflation is taking a risk, and not thinking ahead too far.