How many PSI’s Does your club have

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

They sound a little grand, a bit pompous. If one section is given their own terminal then what about another section and another. I can understand a large club having one in the entrance area and another in the pro shop, if they have one, to spread people out, avoid queues etc. They should be for universal use though, not just for one section. Dangerous precedent otherwise imo.

Exactly ?

The section I believe have spoken to county and also England golf about their “worries” about one PSI etc

So we will look to get a second one to put in the bar upstairs - they can have their own when there is one in each changing room

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I use the one in our clubhouse foyer as I can’t see the app well enough to enter score during the round (I wear distance vision contact lenses when playing and can’t be bothered faffing with glasses on, glasses off) and I find it easier using the PSI to enter my score on completion of a round. We are required to use hand cleanser supplied prior to using it.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
One in the foyer or use own phone if you prefer. ALL physical cards must be signed by player and visually and verbally verified by playing partner and submitted through slot to H&C office. This may change later this year.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have 3, unused since COVID, unusual for all 3 to be working simultaneously. A lot of people probably will continue to use the app after they come back into use. I personally hate the IG mobile interface so will go back to the PSI screen. Also I enjoyed the freedom of not bring my phone to the course.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can understand a large club having one in the entrance area and another in the pro shop, if they have one, to spread people out, avoid queues etc.
Location convenience is one thing but not sure that more than two is absolutely necessary. Worst case - 8 minute intervals 4 players. It shouldn't take 8 minutes for 4 players to key their scores in when they return and one primarily for comp entry. But otherwise the more the merrier. Members can get to the bar sooner. Which is why we have one in the 19th.

Visit site
One in the pro shop, one in a corridor twixt men's and ladies' changing room. However, the one in the corridor is very slow, there's usually a queue near it, so as mentioned above, I am learning how to process my score on my phone.

sunshine

Visit site
?

We have one section who are refusing to use their own mobiles to enter the scores so they want to have their own PSI to use once a week to enter scores

Even sourced an iPad for them to use to sign on and enter their scores via the app - Nope not good enough - it must be a PSI

You know you have to tell us what is this section with the special needs?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Why would you need terminals to input scores? - not everyone has the tech savvy to operate them (think of the old folks) - card in the box and let the handicap secretary sort it out.

That's where we were 20 years ago - time moves on.