How long?

Coreservers

Visit site
How long does a club usually take to reply re membership. Applied a couple of weeks ago but had no response, and sent an email asking for an update (politely)
Aware most clubs are very busy, but seems a long time to contact.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Unless the club has a specific person who deals with membership applications and they're on holiday or off sick, I'd expect a reply within a couple of days.
And if that person was away I'd expect a note from the club explaining that within a couple of days...

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I first came to England on a flat hunting trip ahead of moving over properly, I played a game at Silloth. Halfway round one of the members I was playing with asked if I was planning to join. I said I would love to, and I was a confirmed member before the food was served in the bar after the round.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve rarely experienced a golf club with great customer service skills when you haven’t popped in to sort something out ?

Coreservers

Visit site
Looks like I'll pop in Saturday to see if i can sort out as 3 emails have gone unanswered, and a phone call not picked up. :( .. its a club i do want to be a member of, lovely course etc, but will refrain from naming as yet, you never know if they have illness etc.

Coreservers

Visit site
i was looking at a hybrid merc, but went for the toyota instead, read too many bad things about the hybrid mercs. But exciting to join my 1st club as such.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think they still use the blackball option at Ferndown. I was having a nosey around their website the other day for green fees and had a read of their joining routine. What a palaver.

D

Deleted member 21258

Some are quick, some are slower, some never bother to reply and a phonecall/then turn up in person/write in is what it takes.

Most clubs prior to the massive surge in interest via covid, were very good at replying as they needed members. Hope it doesnt revert back to the old days prior to mid 90s.

Best of luck OP and the new place works out for you.