How long does it take you roughly to get round your track

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On my own about 2-2/12 hours

2 ball about 3-3.15

4 ball about 4 hours. It is usually 4 hours on average whether its a good or bad day as you need to keep position on the course and if you can't score pick up (we play stableford in the roll ups). A medal may stretch to 4.15 but that's unusual and pace is still dictated by the group in front and your responsibility to keep up with them

Bamberdele21

Visit site

2 ball about 3-3.15

4 ball about 4 hours. It is usually 4 hours on average whether its a good or bad day as you need to keep position on the course and if you can't score pick up (we play stableford in the roll ups). A medal may stretch to 4.15 but that's unusual and pace is still dictated by the group in front and your responsibility to keep up with them

length of course?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's so dependent on the course.
A long course with long walks green to tee can add 20 minutes to a round easily
A few ball hunts and thats another 15..
At my place, as a 3 ball, we get round in a whisker over 3 hours or 3 1/4 if we've had to look for Fragger's ball a lot...a 4 ball about 3 1/2 to 4
We're "allowed" 3 3/4 as a 3 ball according to the sign by the 1st...and 4 balls 4 1/4....
I think if youre taking that long on our course then you're too slow.
Just shy of 6400 and we have a couple of decent hikes to some tees. Just worked it out..we total 1100 yards of walk green to tee
Comps are always in 3 balls and you rarely take 4 hours..we normally reckon 90-100 minutes for each 9.

Last edited:

greenone

Visit site
On my own, less than 2 hours. Add 15 minutes for every extra player in the group. Anything over 3.5 hours is too slow. Course is 6100yds.

Leftitshort

Visit site

2 ball about 3-3.15

4.15 round royal ascot is a snails pace. IMO. Over 3.30 round mine I have pins in my eyes

D

Deleted member 31467

Pointless question really depends entirely on the slowest group in front of you.

D

Deleted member 1147

@MarkT
I think you’ve been replaced as the forums main thread starter…P45 in the post if aren’t careful

D

Deleted member 31467

The length of the course, the distance between greens and next tees, gradient, weather, prevailing etiquette etc etc etc ?

Nevertheless, worthy of comparison
Not really, I've taken 4 hours to get round long courses and 4.5 hours to get round short ones