How important is a ball fitting.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When I recently had a fitting for new irons the fitter asked if I had been fitted for a ball. Keeping my laugh in I told him no I just use whatever decent ball I have. Sensing my scepticism he said we would do a ball fitting after we had found the irons.

Anyway once we had found the correct iron setup for me we then proceeded to go through balls. I tried all the ranges from Calloway, Srixon, Bridgestone and Taylormade. All the results were on the flight monitor and the differences were noticeable regarding distance, spin rates, flight shape etc. Eventually settled on the TP5 which out performed the others according to the stats.

So after initially thinking it would hardly make a difference I was quite surprised at the differences between all the balls I tried.

GM, outta interest what is your hcap. Reason am asking is general feeling is lower hcappers it would be beneficial.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Until they make one that floats, actual 'fitting' for me is a non-starter.

I simply use those that feel good - and off the putter is the main consideration!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Until they make one that floats, actual 'fitting' for me is a non-starter.

I simply use those that feel good - and off the putter is the main consideration!
Even though by time you feel anything, the ball is long gone and you have no influence on it ?
'Feel' is just an incidental aftertaste that has no role in your ability to hit the ball.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I remember GM doing a Titleist ball fitting questionnaire at the Castle Stuart meet a while ago. either the Prov1 or NXT...

i don't remember anyone getting the NXT:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Indeed! Golf must be one of the prime areas where customer mop of the idea that more expensive = premium/higher performance/get what you pay for. Despite no evidence to substantiate it !