How important are the feet.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played with a guy today who plays off one. He was another level. Watching him play was a joy. On one of the first few holes I looked at his feet and they were not square to the ball. Far from it. Yet when he shaped his shots be it fade, draw, straight or whatever he adjusted his feet to suit, or it seemed he did.
Now it has me thinking, every lesson I have had which has involved trying to correct a fade or slice. My stance has always been square to the ball. When I had a driver lesson last year and was smashing it, it was square. When I booked a further two lessons to build on my driving. It was square. It has never been looked at. Now I am not saying at all it is wrong. But at what stage or handicap would a player have to get to for them to alter there stance to affect there swing and shape of the ball.
Cheers me dears

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's all to do with the relationship between the swing path and where the club face is pointing at impact.
If your default swing is good and hits the ball straight, then try aiming left and opening the face and see what happens.
However, if you tend to slice/hook the ball it gets complicated.
Having said that, if your normal shot is a fade/slice, try aiming right and close the face a touch

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It's all to do with the relationship between the swing path and where the club face is pointing at impact.
If your default swing is good and hits the ball straight, then try aiming left and opening the face and see what happens.
However, if you tend to slice/hook the ball it gets complicated.
Having said that, if your normal shot is a fade/slice, try aiming right and close the face a touch
Cheers Bob, when I had my lessons I was taught everything starts from a solid stance, mine has always been the same. But watching him it seemed a different stance meant a different shot shape. It was very good to watch.