How does it sound

malc

Visit site
Hi:

Does anybody own or know what the HIPPO Hex drivers sound like?,seems a weird question I know but I have Confidence driver of the same square type and to be honest I love it for the straight drives it gives me BUT the sound of the ball being hit is awful,when i hit it everybody stops and wonders where the noise came from-lol.

Thinking of getting the Hippo one but if it makes the same noise I wont bother.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Malc :mad:

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sounded OK to me when someone I played with used it. But let's face it, no-one knows what sound you'll love/hate other than you so go hit one or find a video clip and see if you like what you hear.

Consider the Ben Sayers Benny at a similar price which has tested excellently across the board.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have tried a Hex and it sounds like a 'normal' driver and does not make anywhere near the same sound as some square drivers.

That said, for the money try the Benny or the Benross VeloCT

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a nike sumo2 driver when they first came out. Took it on the range to hit a few, it sounded like a mortar, The range seemed awful quiet and when i looked around there were four other guys stood behind me watching, talk about goldfish!!!. 2 of them asked for a go. I had it for 4 weeks, couldn't get used to the noise. Nike recalled them, supplied me with a replacement which i sold for £175 so didn't lose too much on it but god that noise was awful....
BTW itwas quite impressive for distance