How do you practice?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chipping and putting mainly. It seems from previous posters that not many of you do that as often as you pound drivers down the range.
Getting better at chipping and putting is the easiest way to lower your handicap.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chipping and putting mainly. It seems from previous posters that not many of you do that as often as you pound drivers down the range.
Getting better at chipping and putting is the easiest way to lower your handicap.

very much dependant on whos about.. if the chipping area is empty its the first place ill go.. if there is anyone there I wont and ill do 15 wedge shots on the range

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I've been to the range once a week since new year and got 3 rounds in so far which is more than usual for me. About to work 18/20 days so gonna be on back burner for a while.

Main focus over winter months is to get a little healthier and practice putting, putting and maybe a little more putting.

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Not as much fun though ;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Im working on a 60 day programme that I've subscribed to on the internet. Thought I'd give it a try as it's about body movement and how to engage certain muscles and tying it in with what my coach is doing with me. It's something new for me and it doesn't involve holding a club at all, fascinating to me but possibly not to others.

would love to know more about this

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
TBH nothing. play over winter and enjoy the Craich.

not hit balls for months. will start maybe March time once the nights are lighter and the weather is better. Been hitting it ok so no current issues;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can't wait for the longer nights and get back to the club after work and really get into the short game work off grass. Linear method starting to gel again but needs some work to stop the bullet thinned one that creeps in. Get that ticking over and I'm in a happy place

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Not as much fun though ;)

It is when you chip a couple in on the trot. I also practice my chipping from hard locations, such as deep rough from right next to the green, or side hill lies from the sides of bunkers. Doesn't always work but it is fun trying new stuff out.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
hmm, some interesting stuff it seems. can you just buy the program or do you have to buy the years membership?

Fundy you have to buy a years membership which cost $99 from a fb add. I wanted to improve on my body technique without going to the gym. His theory is very interesting and puts it across well in a very positive and at first overly excited manor. But when you have Nicklaus Norman and Soranstam advocating his theories then it doesn't get better then them 3.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fundy you have to buy a years membership which cost $99 from a fb add. I wanted to improve on my body technique without going to the gym. His theory is very interesting and puts it across well in a very positive and at first overly excited manor. But when you have Nicklaus Norman and Soranstam advocating his theories then it doesn't get better then them 3.

cheers, i could only see the $199 for a year option hence the question. will take a look at the free trial and keep an eye out for the discounted ads

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
TBH nothing. play over winter and enjoy the Craich.

not hit balls for months. will start maybe March time once the nights are lighter and the weather is better. Been hitting it ok so no current issues;)

That's interesting because I hadn't hit a ball for about 3 weeks due to work and weather and in the past 24 hours, I've played the best two rounds of golf yet since my return to the game, so I believe there is something in doing nothing.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just 2 clubs, normally a 6 and wedge, just two balls and a walk round our 9 hole course.

Turning a 6 iron in to variety of other clubs teaches a great deal about club face angles and ball position. Using a wedge to putt with helps to develop and really smooth strike.

The only other practice I do is putting and greenside wedge play.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I was much younger and fitter than I am now I probably hit about a thousand balls a week in short game practice and couple of hundred in a mix of iron and woods practice.

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I was much younger and fitter than I am now I probably hit about a thousand balls a week in short game practice and couple of hundred in a mix of iron and woods practice.

Indeed, age doesn't help.
I hit eighty balls on the range yesterday, then walked onto the first tee, played 18 carrying a full bag.
I won't do that again in a hurry!!:mad:

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hour on gc2 once every week or two

Really sharpens up distance control. work on club path and face to path

My 120 yard and in wedge game is strongest part of my game now as feel comfortable from all distances.