How do you clean your golf shoes? I've been doing it wrong!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots of salt used to clean in a dishwasher, not sure I'd be confident in them lasting as long after being soaked in salt water.
Salt is used to flush the water softenor resin, and as such no salt should contaminate the wash. If it did, things would taste salty all the time.:)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
we have recently refurbished our bathroom facilities at Fragger Mansions and on a trip to Bathstore the lady showed us the latest loo seat and mentioned that it could be easily removed for cleaning and was dishwasher proof.

The look on Mrs Fragger's face was a picture :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can damage the glue holding them together if the temp is to hot.
Plus all that mud down your pipes and drains.
Just use a baby wipe after you play it’s easy before they dry.
Last year my running trainers were starting to hum a bit so I put them in the washing machine. When I got them out the soles had completely peeled off - as you say it must have been too hot for them. So I wouldn't risk doing anything like that again.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use the compressed air after the round, then an old toothbrush with warm soapy water at home, then a wipe with an old cloth.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't bear to use those compressed air cleaners after the round. The sound of them is like fingernails down a chalkboard to me. I'm shuddering now just thinking about it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last year my running trainers were starting to hum a bit so I put them in the washing machine. When I got them out the soles had completely peeled off - as you say it must have been too hot for them. So I wouldn't risk doing anything like that again.
Are you fully trained in washing machine usage?
You can change the temperature on them !
If you must do this just do it on a cold wash it won’t damage the glue but dishwashers don’t have a cold setting ? Mine dosnt anyway but others might.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I clean the excess mud off with the compressed air cleaner. Take them home, quick wipe with bay wipes and into shoe horns and I put two sachet of those silicon gel bags you get in so much modern packaging in them and if they are very wet, back them with old newspaper to draw the moisture out. Once dried naturally I'll use a good polish and for my older shoes a regular appliance of dubbin. Spikes changed at least once a year, sooner if they are wearing

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I would never put shoes in a dishwasher or washing machine.
even on a cool wash

I just blow them off at the club, when home, give them a wash and wipe in the sink. Air dry them and then once a month proper polish.

5 years on and my FJ Dry joys still feel superb and waterproof!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would never put shoes in a dishwasher or washing machine.
even on a cool wash

I just blow them off at the club, when home, give them a wash and wipe in the sink. Air dry them and then once a month proper polish.

5 years on and my FJ Dry joys still feel superb and waterproof!

A sight to behold no doubt!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

normal golf shoes I will clean with water and a brush, buff up afters.. always come up fine

but if they are like a canvas material I will put in the hand wash setting on the washing machine then put them on a cool dry in the new tumble that has a shelf attachment for shoes so they can dry without spin