How did golf come into your life?

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Started at 14 with a mate after knocking balls about with a 9 iron in the local playing field, loved the game but didnt enjoy the snobbery at the time so stopped playing. I started again with my step son last August and got the bug again and after the wife & family is the next thing I love the most, you can play the worst game of your life, but pitching a 50 yarder to inches of the hole will get you back the next week ;)

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cant remember when I started must have been in the days of black and white.
Remember setting out the back drying green as a putting area, my old man was greenkeeper at the local football club.
Do remember going around the local 9 hole with a cut down mashie and a ball, no woods or putter makes an intresting game.
Have played for over 50 years and still a rabbit.
If you have no time to practice and no time to play its a hard game.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had picked up a club a few times in my life but used to play rugby every weekend so never took it seriously or played more than a couple of times a year. Certainly once I was married my wife was only happy with me playing sport on one day at the weekend

Injured my shoulder playing rugby and thought that it was finally time to call it quits but needed to fill the competitive void.

Went back to the golf clubs and was instantly hooked and now regret not taking it up sooner.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As a fifteen year old I had a couple of rounds on a pitch and put at the Isle of Wight and was rubbish. Really rubbish.

Didn't touch a club or even think about golf until some twelve years later. 8 September 2007. Another mate who had taken up the game convinced me to go round his pitch and put.

1st hole, ball on dance floor, three foot from the pin. (granted I four putted, but that tee shot...)

Got back home and convinced a mate who used to play to have a round, one more after that I bought a starter set.

I'm so close to breaking 100 now it hurts, and that is with naff equiptment, think how good I could be with decent stuf..

MickCTR

Medal Winner
Visit site
I had the opportunity to start playing really early. My dad bough me a wedge when i was about 6 or 7 but i never really got interested and ended up letting someone else have it. Then i decided at about 11 that I wanted to play golf and got my first set of clubs. By the time i was 13/14 I was shooting low 80's around some of the local courses and really started to come on well. Then I stopped playing regularly and my game suffered. I have caught the bug again this year big time and I am now playing some of the best Golf i have played in ages. Long may it continue!